Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Agreed but what also has to be remembered is that a lot of people do not use or look at the forums. So while forums can give an idea of opinions it cannot be assumed that this is the voice of everyone.

But almost everyone that has commented on this decision thinks it is a bad idea. And you already has lost several potential subscribers. The strenght of this dev team has always been to listen to its fans. I hope they will do that now to. I really really hope it. This is a major game breaker for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Agreed but what also has to be remembered is that a lot of people do not use or look at the forums. So while forums can give an idea of opinions it cannot be assumed that this is the voice of everyone.
    Yes that is right. But when you see the very negative feedback of the community not only in this forum, but for example also at mmorpg.com, it is quite unrealistic, that the majority of the players support the idea of creating a new server. Well i think it would be a good idea to start a discussion in the global chat InGame about that and see, how the community InGame thinks about it. And I would be quite surprised if the feedback there would be less negative.

Whilst these forums certainly aren't the voice of everyone, you have to remember these are the official Xsyon forums, where the vast majority of your fans gather to discuss the game. There's no hiding the fact that the overall consensus regarding the announcement of European servers is negative.

i'm not going to say anything about what will or will not happen but trying to explain the reasoning behind the action.

IN MY OWN OPINION AND OBSERVATION

Jooky is taking a preemptive strike on server population. As it stands currently the bandwidth was maxed out far sooner then he expected causing him to upgrade that. He has been watching the increasing population of the game and extrapolated from that the growth of the population over x amount of time. From that he probably concluded that another server would be a good idea.

i have to agree, i thought this was going to be ONE server.... it is immersion breaking to a degree... plus, why would euro's want to play on their own server...in tahoe? they would rather play in an area they know... but that aside... this will be your undoing i am afraid if this goes through as intended..

spend the money on a better server for us all to play together
    ... you are going to lose huge if you go with this plan. I love my euro brothers and cant wait to play with them.

if you are worried about bandwidth already, then i think this game will not succeed... because you will lose what little there is by splitting us up, and many will just quit... this is not a AAA world of warcraft game... that can do just fine with multiple servers... i know you know this... so just spend the money on upgrading bandwidth... or dont and refund our money if you think this game won't survie due to lack of sufficient budget to do the RIGHT thing. cutting your own throats on this decision... and such an awesome game too...hoping this gets nix'd quick.

i'm not going to say anything about what will or will not happen but trying to explain the reasoning behind the action.

Jooky is taking a preemptive strike on server population. As it stands currently the bandwidth was maxed out far sooner then he expected causing him to upgrade that. He has been watching the increasing population of the game and extrapolated from that the growth of the population over x amount of time. From that he probably concluded that another server would be a good idea.

Well, i think he concluded that really wrong. Seeing the fact, that Jooky listen to the community, i hope he wil think about the decision of creating a European server.

Could someone make a poll about this in the general forums to see what the non subscribers think. I would like to vote in the Prelude talk but since im not a subscriber i cant vote or write in that section of the forums.

Just when I was taking an interest in the game again.Sad news.

Splitting servers is the worst idea since announcing Xsyon. Why EVE the only sucessfull sandbox on the market has 1 huge server and all other failed sandboxes splitted community... ?

V.