Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Idea: One Char Delete per 2 Days

I've heard a lot of talk about a potential exploit by which people are acquiring all the tools in the game. Basically, they create a char, acquire a basket and dump all their tools in it. Then they delete the char, and keep going until they have a bag full of tools for their final character.

There is an easy fix for this. Simply allow only one character delete per 2 days and its solved. I'm not sure if this has been suggested or implemented yet, but its small things like that which really unbalance an entire game world. I think all of those things need serious attention before release if they want to attract new players who might not have access to such exploits later on. This was a big problem in Darkfall.

The starter tools are very poor quality and will not get you very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    The starter tools are very poor quality and will not get you very far.
    I understand this but I'd ask you to think for a moment how far many gamers are willing to go. They might do this 50 or 100 times to get a jump start in every possible profession.

I agree that this is an annoying exploit and want to see it fixed, but I don't think your solution is very good. It's way too harmful.

There are plenty of other reasons someone may want to make new characters more often than every 2 days. I don't think they should put any limit on that.

Instead, why not just make all the starter items bound to the character and disappear if the character is deleted? Of course any item a player acquires after spawning should be lootable right from the first moment, but it gives people a little bit of a safety net in case they start out at a bad time/place and prevents the "all tools" exploit in one change.

Would be cool to test the durability of every item before release ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Borluc View Post
    I've heard a lot of talk about a potential exploit by which people are acquiring all the tools in the game. Basically, they create a char, acquire a basket and dump all their tools in it. Then they delete the char, and keep going until they have a bag full of tools for their final character.

There is an easy fix for this. Simply allow only one character delete per 2 days and its solved. I'm not sure if this has been suggested or implemented yet, but its small things like that which really unbalance an entire game world. I think all of those things need serious attention before release if they want to attract new players who might not have access to such exploits later on. This was a big problem in Darkfall.
    Sorry, I think that's a bad idea. There's a legitimate reason for a new player to delete his character and make a new one, I've done it 4 or 5 times (all with the same name) in the last 2 days because I wanted to get a feel for the different starting stats, skills and locations. If I couldn't delete my new character (the one and only character I can have) I would have hit the cancel button quite fast.

The fact that the possibilty to do so is exploited tells us more about the kind of players that are drawn to a FFA PvP game than about the feature itself.

a good way for resolve this "little" exploit and bye the way resolve safe zone for new player is to make started item not exchangeable and not lootable.

Quote Originally Posted by neijlu View Post
    a good way for resolve this "little" exploit and bye the way resolve safe zone for new player is to make started item not exchangeable and not lootable.
    Exactly. This solution has been used by pretty much every possible game with valuable starting equipment. It doesn't get easier than this.

I have already heard of whole tribes who plan to do this together by passing tools to one another and making new characters until they've got full tool sets for everybody... For some reason they feel that it's all right to discuss such things in general chat as well, not even realizing that this is an exploit. One of the best things a tribe can provide is sharing. We've had tons of fun by sharing very rare tools (hello, Mr. saw) and plan to keep it that way after 18th as well.

Quote Originally Posted by neijlu View Post
    /this

I am not going to lie...we exploited this and have all the tools.
    lol