Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    while i will admit open pvp is fun and i enjoy it most of the people that ive ran across in the game so far arent in it for consentual pvp they are looking for easy ganks then they whine when you bring more numbers than they do. i think we should just leave the server the way it is and leave pvp the way it is for now maybe add wars in the future or something but i dont want this game to turn into darkfall if you want that go play it. LEAVE SAFE ZONES THE WAY THEY ARE.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    If that was true, Darkfall wouldn't have any crafters. But... There are tons.
    uhh actually Darkfall has tons of crafters because 1. It's a pain in the ass to find someone to trade with

2. The alignment system is screwed so 4 out of 5 times you are going to get trade ganked

3. The grind in DF is so unbearable you have to take a break and do a different type of grind sometimes

4. Many people macro so much that all they have left to "complete" their characters is crafting skills

not to mention the fact that most people who do craft don't do it for others. just to feed their own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    uhh actually Darkfall has tons of crafters because 1. It's a pain in the ass to find someone to trade with

2. The alignment system is screwed so 4 out of 5 times you are going to get trade ganked

3. The grind in DF is so unbearable you have to take a break and do a different type of grind sometimes

4. Many people macro so much that all they have left to "complete" their characters is crafting skills

not to mention the fact that most people who do craft don't do it for others. just to feed their own needs.
    I trade often, as do many others. It's not a problem unless you're always in baby-mode because someone is "too far away".

There are lot of people who only partake in crafting/trade.

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    Not to mention that my tribe wants to have our city be a safe zone for allies and neutrals to trade in. Criminals would be executed on the spot. Traders and tribes would be able to own shops within our city that are guaranteed protection. We would require a buy in to own a shop and then additional upkeep, but you would have your goods being sold and protected at all times. And yes, we would set up a system to do this that would work around the lack of coded systems.
    Why would you need Game coding to make it safe why not hire Guards (Merc's) to protect and guard your city? that opens up for immersion and good roleplay to make it feel like a real Apoc world, the fear of dying and just being unsafe would be a real feeling if such a thing did happen to the world.

So why put system's in place to take away job's that Could be Played by the player making it more of a living world rather then a game.

P.S no one is going to use a trade city on a PvE sever because everyone will have enough time to make there own everything and never lose it (cuz bears dont loot) so youll end up with a bunch of people all crafted using the game as a social network rather then a game. (so Aim with 3d clothing and cool houses Yay!)

Honestly the way cities are built, they are safe already w/o coded in boundaries. All we need is gates...then siege equipment to take down walls / gates but will obviously take time and give the defenders time to push.