Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Different servers for war oriented?

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Update February 13

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

First an announcement. .....

....We are considering setting up additional servers in both the US and Europe that will be more war oriented where we will remove safe zones and make some adjustments. At the moment this is very likely, but we have no set date for this......
    This was in the announcments today so am I to understand that there is serious consideration going into possible splitting the servers up into war and non war? Because that sounds pretty horrible no matter what the differences are. Especially after there is already going to be EU and US servers which will split the population alot right there.

Honestly I can't see how this would be a good idea to split the population like this. Thos of us who have played Darkfall back at the EU launch remeber how deserted it felt when NA server opened up and the population split and made the game feel empty and it hasn't recovered since.

That's not even considering that that would mean splitting up all the people who like to craft etc. and those who mainly like to fight (i.e. their main customers) which would kill crafting. The only way for crafters to have a good economy is for pvpers to have constant fighting.

I don't have alot of things that I call people out on but this is a terrible idea.

Don't worry, he posted about it again:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ng!/page10/#98

I think Jooky should post this in the announcement forum, his post gets burried fast in that thread.

what I dont understand, and maybe someone can help to explain to me, why would people who want warfare want people who do not want warfare on their server in the first place assuming population is not an issue. I completely understand pvp between two parties who want pvp however there are some pvp players who explictly want to find people to fight who DONT want to fight pvp and that seems a bit odd to me. Granted its not the majority if pvp players but I have noticed that type of player does exist.

Without people who are mainly pve and crafting then we will have a lack of crafters on the warfare server which will lead to a lack of gear and will force some pvpers who do not like to craft to have no choice.

From what I've seen from the walls and buildings etc. once cities are built they will basically be a safe zone because they are hard to enter without a large group or alot of luck.

But the point being that in order to have a good server balance you need to have pvpers and crafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post
    Without people who are mainly pve and crafting then we will have a lack of crafters on the warfare server which will lead to a lack of gear and will force some pvpers who do not like to craft to have no choice.

From what I've seen from the walls and buildings etc. once cities are built they will basically be a safe zone because they are hard to enter without a large group or alot of luck.

But the point being that in order to have a good server balance you need to have pvpers and crafters.
    seems resaonable. So neturals (aka pve and crafters) would be safe zones yes? seems like it would work that way if that is not actually the plan

Not to mention that my tribe wants to have our city be a safe zone for allies and neutrals to trade in. Criminals would be executed on the spot. Traders and tribes would be able to own shops within our city that are guaranteed protection. We would require a buy in to own a shop and then additional upkeep, but you would have your goods being sold and protected at all times. And yes, we would set up a system to do this that would work around the lack of coded systems.

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    Not to mention that my tribe wants to have our city be a safe zone for allies and neutrals to trade in. Criminals would be executed on the spot. Traders and tribes would be able to own shops within our city that are guaranteed protection. We would require a buy in to own a shop and then additional upkeep, but you would have your goods being sold and protected at all times. And yes, we would set up a system to do this that would work around the lack of coded systems.
    good point. This could be neat. Now it was tried in darkfall and failed but that is more becauase they have universal banking and globall chat and there wasnt any reason to have a free trade zone player created

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimps View Post

If that was true, Darkfall wouldn't have any crafters. But... There are tons.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    If that was true, Darkfall wouldn't have any crafters. But... There are tons.
    But they don't have a seperate server.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    But they don't have a seperate server.
    Because the people who joined Darkfall understood they were signing up for open-PvP. Just like Xsyon has advertised...

It boggles my mind why people who obviously dislike open-PvP signed up for this game. It's like signing up for A Tale in the Desert and whining that there isn't any PvP.