Ok folks, I bought Xsyon pretty much when it was first announced and have been sitting on the side lines watching progress and with todays announcement of having multiples servers I just had to chime in.

As we all know Xsyon will always be a niche game with a relatively small player base. I have been playing Wurm Online for 5 years and know this to be true due to the nature of the sandbox game.

One of the worst decisions made in Wurm Online was to split the user community over multiple servers as it completely dilutes your already small user community even further.

The last thing Xsyon needs (in my opinion) is multiple servers. I think you will be struggling enough to fill one server yet alone two.

The approach that should be taken is a single server (world) with a rule set that can accommodate the needs of your community. If that means some safe areas, and additional rules, then so be it.

An arguement about Ping times between Europe and the USA to justify two servers in my opinion is mute. I live in Australia and we are lucky to get 300ms pings for any games as they are predominately USA based but we manage. It is not a real issue with this type of sandbox/predominately crafting type game.

I say this to the developers: Please reconsider your decision for multiple servers. I think in the long term it will be a mistake.