Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem with Character Creating after the Wipe

So most of us are intending to create the toon we intend to keep after the wipe, seeming as there wont be any more wipes and this is the beginning of the "real" game, so to speak. I see one HUGE problem here............

How are we to assign our stat points if we have never experienced some of the features such as religion and magic? I might like the idea of magic and go for lots of stats in that direction, but when it is introduced it might not be as useful (to me any my playing style) as i expected.

Do you see what im saying? Basically we are going to have to guess our stats based on presumptions? Maybe this could be fixed by allowing a "one time only" stat adjustment when each stat related content is introduced?

Absolutely agree with this.

If stat changing by using abilities is as easy as it was in UO, there shouldn't be any problems, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by sudo View Post
    If stat changing by using abilities is as easy as it was in UO, there shouldn't be any problems, hopefully.
    Sudo, you are missing the point. If you create a toon in a game that you pay to play, you should not have to go through adjusting your stats by doing repetitive things just because the content was not introduced when you created your toon. There should be provisions ingame for taking this issue into account. I don't mind that the content isn't introduced yet, but i WILL mind if i have to stuff around adjusting stats when it is introduced.

Youre worrying over things that havent been detailed yet, and I dont expect will be for some time. Theres a lot on the board of things to come yet, its going to be an ever evolving game. We dont even know how the skill gains and decay are going to turn out yet let alone anything else, theres a lot of learning to be done by the playerbase.

How about enjoying whats here for now and worrying about such simplicities later when it actually matters, im sure the devs will take it into consideration and probably already have.

Im going to use the common sense logic that crosses my mind: They will most likely give a free stat change once they implement those added features.... Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post
    Sudo, you are missing the point.
    Not really I plan to play this game for fun and distribute my points from a rp view. If I want a witty dexterous character, I'll make one. If I want a strong hulkish bonecrafter, I'll make one too, considering the attributes that would logically fit him.
    So far, this game doesn't seem to be competitive enough for me, and I bet, many others, to care enough about perfect attributes allocation. Lets stop min-maxing for once and just have fun in a great immerse game...

its great that we have to make decisions at launch blindly! had enough of being hand held and having to min/max!
    let us discover our mistakes as we evolve into the world.
    I always wanted to be a profesional footballer but only ever made semi, we dont always get what we want and hopefully Xyson will provide us with some kind of randomness too

I'm with you Sudo! will be starting my char with RP in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by shukes View Post
    had enough of being hand held and having to min/max!
    Spot on! Those here looking for a min max game in terms of respecs etc are going to be sorely disappointed I expect. Been waiting a long time for an evolving skill and stat system like this to come along

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    Im going to use the common sense logic that crosses my mind: They will most likely give a free stat change once they implement those added features.... Just sayin.
    /this