View Poll Results: How are you going to play?

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Hermit, I'm going it alone!

66 21.22%
  • A small group of friends (2-9).

92 29.58%
  • A thriving town of folks! (10+)

124 39.87%
  • Don't know yet.

29 9.32%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    oh my god you are the guy who cries at the resturant and demands a refund if your steak isnt exactly as you imagined it would be in your mind.

regardless, its clear you havent played very many MMOs'. Just to give you a heads up, changes in MMOs are constant. If its not this that will change it will be something else down the road on month 1,2,3 and even year 1,2 and 3. Its common practice and you likely do not have a case to get a stupid little $40 refund unless they just dont feel like messing with you and refund you just so you will go away.
    Ummm, yah, 8+ years dont count as playing a lot MMOs. Gotcha.

And no, replacing bad solution with worse one is not my idea of solving a problem. If i ordered a stake and they bring salad, say that i can get steak in "a couple of days", and a guy next table gets a stake, yah, i ask for refund, anyone sane would.

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    Umm... society is saying yes, actually. At least for 3 days, it is.
    Which one? Ahh, the "i feel SPESHUL" crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    Please feel free to come find us, and we will relieve you of your items and life. =D

(Sorry Otto...someone told me the community here made the Aerrevan one look like the Darkfall community...and HOL-EE SHEET they were right!)
    Meh. Only the vocal. Brando and the SSR are here under the 191th, but they don't talk much.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    No, the developing staff. They're the most level-headed of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    Ummm, yah, 8+ years dont count as playing a lot MMOs. Gotcha.

And no, replacing bad solution with worse one is not my idea of solving a problem. If i ordered a stake and they bring salad, say that i can get steak in "a couple of days", and a guy next table gets a stake, yah, i ask for refund, anyone sane would.

yeah your that guy. the guy (to be frank) no resturant really wants and no game developer really wants, trying to get a $40 refund on an MMo because they made a change....lol

I hope you do find the door just fine

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    yeah your that guy. the guy (to be frank) no resturant really wants and no game developer really wants, trying to get a $40 refund on an MMo because they made a change....lol

I hope you do find the door just fine
    Thanks.

Ok..I'll bite: There is no point in creating a game with the kinds of consequences you suggest to pvp. It would be too easily abused and would make the effort to implement it futile. What you are asking for is most easily accomplished with a classic PvEasy server ruleset. (The one folks like you should be playing on.)

Also, judging by the tone of your posts, I sincerely doubt you've interacted with any real pvpers except to cry and accuse them of being big meanies.

Clearly you have no idea of game rulesets. I have never played a PVE game where you could send an NPC to jail for trying to kill you. The only thing I can do is fight them, or some other interaction.

How exactly would what I suggested be exploited? You grief someone (not talking about a single kill here), and you are punished. You don't want the mechanic I suggested purely because it would take away from your ganking / griefing fun. Thus, you would be on the receiving end of grief, but you can't handle that. That, my friend is the definition of carebear (you can dish it out, but can't take it, unless you get to choose the punishment).

I have pvped plenty, and personal attacks will get you nowhere. They have no effect but to make me chuckle at your complete lack of arguement. You have nothing to back up what you profess, only petty comments about my game experience.

Come back when you grow up a bit, and at least try to have something constructive to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Oh wow, I just saw you are from Vexx, yea I never read signatures. I am glad to see most of you people share a huge ego, would be kinda annoying to kill you over and over if you had none.

The last guy didn't told me where your tribes will be located tho. I really want to help you get rid of every trees near your place before you are too much into the game.
    Now this is the response of a griefer.... I know I cant kill you, but i want to be a tough guy so I will log in while you are asleep and chop down all your trees and take away your resources.

really sad.

I have no doubt VexX will be willing to fight anyone, at any time. They will give you a fair fight if you ask for one. If you try to grief them tho... shame on you. They arent going to let it pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyk View Post
    Now this is the response of a griefer.... I know I cant kill you, but i want to be a tough guy so I will log in while you are asleep and chop down all your trees and take away your resources.

really sad.

I have no doubt VexX will be willing to fight anyone, at any time. They will give you a fair fight if you ask for one. If you try to grief them tho... shame on you. They arent going to let it pass.
    I'll be honest with you, I really don't care about the trees around their place, who in their right mind would just go and cut all the trees over there? It does not even sound fun.

I was really trying to taunt them into revealing to me their location for some pvp fun, since, you know, they keep saying they are the gods of pvp. But you are saying they won't let it pass if I really do it? That sound like a challenge now.

I was only offering my help ;( But anyway they will probably just run to their tribe the second they start losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    I'll be honest with you, I really don't care about the trees around their place, who in their right mind would just go and cut all the trees over there? It does not even sound fun.

I was really trying to taunt them into revealing to me their location for some pvp fun, since, you know, they keep saying they are the gods of pvp. But you are saying they won't let it pass if I really do it? That sound like a challenge now.
    Oh my god this is funny...
    who is best at:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8ORsUDku4

duke it out boys we need to know who is the king of the farmville 3d

Unbelievable. A player in a +10 tribe is taunting smaller tribes and solo players by accusing us of asking for special treatment, when we're the ones who will be artificially placed at a disadvantage from day one.

Judging by poll statistics, a large percentage of the community is either a member of a tribe less than 10 or a solo player. If we aren't wanted in this game, I have to wonder why not? Is our money not good? Or perhaps it deeply offends the creators of Xsyon to see us wandering happily around by ourselves in the game? Maybe this an attempt to force communal living on all of us in some insane social experiment which will lead inevitably to the coming world communism? (In case you didn't realize, I stopped being serious three questions back.)

Explain why solo players are unwanted in games. Why we are not included, except grudgingly, as an afterthought, as a pestilence, in game developers' plans. Explain why we should be hunted down and exterminated like the flea-bitten vermin we are.

I'll listen. Hell, I might even agree with some of your points. But I'm not going to listen to someone mock my playstyle by accusing me of asking for special treatment when all I want to do is start when everyone else starts, when I'm perfectly fine with not having near as big a piece of land as a tribe of even three or four, and when I don't mind some sort of 'zoning' that sets aside a few areas for tribes of 10+ only. What are you saying I'm asking for, except not be constantly griefed by players two days ahead of me while I'm on my lonely way to find a place to drop my totem?

This is an MMO...you are playing solo.

The rules have been stated and implemented for the good of the game as a whole as decided by it's creators.

Basically, you are the guy that goes to the restaurant alone and expects to be sat at a table for 10.
    Lies. You know perfectly well what I wrote. I am fine with a one person sized piece of land, ten times smaller than the land a tribe of ten can have. And come to think of it, what about all those tribes of 15+ or even 30+? Shouldn't the 30+ tribes start one day, the tribes of 15+ start the next day, then and only then the tribes of 10+ start, and then the tribes of less than ten, and last the lowly solo players? Why should any tribe of 10+ start on the same day a larger tribe starts? You are asking for special treatment, and you better quit now, or I'll spill my soup on you!