Greetings everyone!

So I stumbled upon this game recently and pretty much immediately pre-ordered, really not sure how I missed it for as long as I did seeing how active I am in watching sandbox MMORPGs. I've been disappointed by recent games which put all the focus on PvP making the game feel rather lifeless. That said I think PvP is important for a sandbox.

What made me make the decision to pre-order the game, aside from the fact that I've paid for basically every new sandbox simply because I support their development wholeheartedly, was the approach this game is taking with the "Prelude" and letting people build up before they start the tribal wars and it all gets torn down

I think it is wise to attract the more docile crowd at the start. The people who want a pure PvP world will quickly get bored and return to Darkfall. The people who want a virtual world with a healthy dose of PvP will stick around to build up. I think this is a very smart move as the crowd who seeks a more balanced game world are generally more mature players. The key to a new MMO's success is the community more than anything. I waited for years for Darkfall naively believing ForumFall would be different than the player base, but this was not the case.

We all know what happens when there are too many wolves. Either the game changes drastically as it did in UO (the splitting up of the world into Felucca and Trammel) or the playerbase dwindles down (Darkfall, Mortal Online) possibly (probably) never to recover.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and helping build a world with you all.

anyway welcome

Welcome bodangly, hope you enjoy the game as much as we all do. Few things for ya, /y is global chat in game and /w [name] is whisper. Eating is done by fishing, which requires a pole, also you can forage for oats, flowers and such. You do not have to pick fishing or foraging in your character creation, it is a gathering skill and can be used by anyone. If you have any questions or issues, please ask in game or post here in the forums, the community is a great one and we are all here to help and have fun. Again, welcome to Xsyon!

Tredo

Welcome to Xsyon!!