Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We don't need specific places for PvP. Everything outside of tribal territory is fair game. That is how it should be, with the hope that eventually you'll be attackable within your own borders as well. Considering how large the world is, and how difficult it can be to see other players (which is a good thing), it is very unlikely that you'd ever get killed just sitting around crafting, even outside of your own tribal lands. Of course, you need to be smart when venturing beyond your own borders, but that's the nature of this game and the vision of the developers.

I guess trying to solo will be very difficult. So the only option will be to join a tribe, right?

Solo=Xsyon hardmode
    Tribe=Xsyon easymode

So whichever you prefer

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    Solo=Xsyon hardmode
    Tribe=Xsyon easymode

So whichever you prefer
    I dunno... you should see how complex it becomes to coordinate and operate with a lot of members.

I dare say Solo Xyson = rest and relaxation
    Tribe = A healthy dose of stress (not all bad mind you)

Quote Originally Posted by MikaHR View Post
    Solo=Xsyon hardmode
    Tribe=Xsyon easymode

So whichever you prefer
    I'd rather say that - at the moment - it's:
    PK = easy mode
    everything else = hard mode

The combat system in its current form is quite horrible and gives the attacker a huge advantage. The attacker is prepared, has a weapon in his main hand, has already switched into combat mode, has already selected his target and the reticle is aimed. None of this is true for the victim.

The victim might have several windows open blocking his view, he might even have no weapon in his main hand, hasn't selected combat mode, hasn't targeted the attacker and probably needs to turn around first before he can do so. All of this takes time, so much time that he might be dead before he can land a single hit.

At the same time a new player is a rich target, because there's no easier way to get tools than to kill new players and loot them. Luckily we don't have that many PKers around now but I get the feeling that their numbers are increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    I'd rather say that - at the moment - it's:
    PK = easy mode
    everything else = hard mode

The combat system in its current form is quite horrible and gives the attacker a huge advantage. The attacker is prepared, has a weapon in his main hand, has already switched into combat mode, has already selected his target and the reticle is aimed. None of this is true for the victim.

The victim might have several windows open blocking his view, he might even have no weapon in his main hand, hasn't selected combat mode, hasn't targeted the attacker and probably needs to turn around first before he can do so. All of this takes time, so much time that he might be dead before he can land a single hit.

At the same time a new player is a rich target, because there's no easier way to get tools than to kill new players and loot them. Luckily we don't have that many PKers around now but I get the feeling that their numbers are increasing.
    This is all true, but only because the victim uses the wrong tactic. If you are unprepared to fight then don't even try to defend, just run. If you are not overweighted too much and have the proper stats the PKer won't be able to hit you while running.

Defined zones for PVP would take so much away from the world, definitely not something I ever want to see in an Open Sandbox.

Fallen Earth tried the whole Zonal PVP system and it really did not work well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    This is all true, but only because the victim uses the wrong tactic. If you are unprepared to fight then don't even try to defend, just run. If you are not overweighted too much and have the proper stats the PKer won't be able to hit you while running.
    Thats the problem, carry few of anything (be it log, unsorted junk) and youre quite slower.

And it involves taking combat instead crafting/other stats at start.

And, if you want to even stand a chance of defending you have to rise combat skills

And with all of that, gankers demand skills pull from 1 pool, so crafter really doesnt stand any chance (but thats understandable, since they run away from fairly fair PvP). They just want reward with no risk.

All in all, atm game is fine in that respect, go out of safe zone and be cautious, and they be damned sure to have good systems and stuff for protection if they ever decide to remove safe zones.

Anyway,i consulted my crystal ball and i see lot of Benny Hill type of play