Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PvP, take it or leave it

Personally, I have never been a big PvP player, but do on occasion if I have to. Why not make a place called the BADLANDS where open PvP is allowed and murder is a way of life for you hardcore PvP'rs. Then have areas completely protected.

It worked in Ultima Online really well.

I would like to build, craft, hunt and live a life with out being griefed. Call me a carebear, I dont care.

I know it will not change and I will have to adjust. Just my .02 cents. I am not complaining at all. So far the game is fun. I hope this game becomes a huge success.

Great job Devs! (Had to throw a little brown nosing in)

Creating artificial restrictions will detract from all of us instead of adding. However i do believe there should be proper risk versus reward ratio to ensure pvper's dont gank people randomly just for the lulz.
    Im a pvper by nature and do enjoy a manhunt aswell as assassinations and even bigger warfare somewhat, i take pride in the manner i conduct this though and ganking crafters for nothing but annoying the crafter is not what most would call good sportsmanship.

Umm... No, I see your point, but it stops working there is a boundary and a population issue.

...I hate the misconception that all PvP players are out to get people and make their lives miserable. That's crap. I'll back up my tribe mate in a fight, including if he initiated it, but we don't go out of our way to make people pissed off. Heck, we're plain helpful in global. We do like to shake things up, but we have our fun and go back to re-creating civilization. Its funny to see 10 people running from three guys in bone armor and cowboy hats with hatchets. If they put up a fight, we'd be running with our tails between our legs.

i get the feeling that most of the pvp community here just wants to gank crafters. that being said there are some tribes out there that are about fair pvp but you are right about the risk vs reward should be something done about this

Prized resource locations will inevitably become heavily hunted zones by Evil tribes. No need to add or remove anything at this point so far as zoning.

Half of the fun for myself is organizing defenses to counter potential encounters. The danger element is key to the enjoyment of many, and livens up an existence of total peace. I am even in agreement with the vocal minority that safe zones should disappear sooner than later.

I am Good aligned, but I'm coming over here from nul sec space in Eve. I'm addicted to the thrill.

PvPér that just want gank crafter's aint gona last long in this game anyway. they get bored real fast. best thing to if they kill you is simply ignore them , say nothing, and just do your thing. PvP'ers that are in for the Lulz are the games version of forum trolls, never feed them.

Im whit Armand as far save zones go, but we need at least enough time to make spare tools , no npc suppliers here like EvE has.

Quote Originally Posted by blake378 View Post
    i get the feeling that most of the pvp community here just wants to gank crafters. that being said there are some tribes out there that are about fair pvp but you are right about the risk vs reward should be something done about this
    There already is. The violent PvP clans will be at a tremedous disadvantage. Why? Because crafters don't want to trade with them, and other tribes will just want to murder them and make their lives misrebal. We may be giving out protection contracts to help improve our relations and cull greifers. Everyone hates respawn camping, especially after 3 rezzes. I keep it to two kills if I need to teach a person a lesson. I've killed 5 people in my 5 months here, and three of them attacked me and a buddy at the same time. I just gave them a 'nice try', and headed off back to camp. One person was using a resource mound we claimed that was outside of our tribal area of control. Gave him a warning, and then killed him twice. He also had a tool we needed, so that was good too ^_^

PvP to me means completely open, interested, and mentally ready for conflict. Even when I'm fishing, if someone tries to kill me, I'll fight back and not run away saying "Stop! I don't want to fight you!" If you're not willing to even defend your belongings, expecting an artificial system to do it for you... what does that say?

Edit: I like you Armand. Nice post, and its my opinion almost exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    We may be giving out protection contracts to help improve our relations and cull greifers. I've killed 5 people in my 5 months here
    People will definitely come running to you asking for protection now that they know you have killed 5 (five) people already. In just 5 (five) months.

Quote Originally Posted by dfend View Post
    People will definitely come running to you asking for protection now that they know you have killed 5 (five) people already. In just 5 (five) months.
    Someone didn't read the fine print, did they? ^_^ 3 of them attempted to gank me, one of them was scavanging in our land and we warned him.

somalia ready to get hired. combat experienced and win outnumbered fights on a daily basis.

Also your safe zone is your tribe so everything is in cluded you can craft in full safity