Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I enjoy this game because everything done is well rewarded, I get the same sense of accomplishment I did back in EQ when completing some epic task.
    Keep the crafting systems in place as they are .... they are well done and keep with the games spirit. On a side note ... I detest cloth gathering, its to difficult for a color blind man to differentiate between a lot of the colors presented ... BUT I simply will have someone else do it for the Tribe because it is necessary.

Some of the funnest moments I've had is trying to bring logs back to camp and being set upon by a pvper .... " Quick drop your logs! Get into combat mode and defend the area!" ... the whole tribe comes running over the hill to defend the log-haulers, pvper runs. MMO Gold

This game is fine the way it is with crafting and I would like to see a more in depth version of it eventually, similar to Mortal online. Right now you can just make low skill stuff and learn all the recipes from just making thread. Hopefully this will be changed with more complex items giving better reward and the easier ones less.

Also I hope that a Master Crafter truly is worth the profession(I did read that they can team with the devs to make stuff). Right now it seems like there aren't very many different types of recipes and everyone can make the same thing.

Add me to the list that wants to see the crafting system get deeper and even more complex. However, my wrists would really appreciate less clicks...

The dragging and clicking is excessive. You should be able to craft from inventory and make multiple items without performing the same operations over and over ad infinitum. There's a difference between challenging and merely tedious.

It makes you cherish the stuff you crafted and think twice when you're deciding between making A or B out of the thing you crafted. Not just hey gather enough mats for 20 of this stuff click craft all and go do your dishes, get a drink, then come back to rinse and repeat. Leave the crafting system as it is. Scroll bar for recipes is all we should ask for.

It's no less "work" than someone who goes off to 'grind' his fighting skills for pvp.

Also, one person's work might be another person's enjoyable activity.. If it is too much work, maybe you should look into a line of activity that has meaning to you heh

Quote Originally Posted by TheVampireSlayer View Post
    So I got the game last Friday and it seemed to ooze potential. However, I am not a huge fan of the crafting system. To me it seems more like a job than anything. What do you guys think? The major problem is that we can barely carry anything which makes carrying back one log at a time essential but also extremely tedious. I understand you are supposed to work with your tribe but it just seems to be more job-like than fun. I wouldn't mind saying that the Apocalypse granted every human with a small degree of supernatural strength and endurance. That would be much more fun, but thus far the game is far too realistic with regard to the tedium to build anything. Idk. What are your thoughts? I'm not flaming the game btw.
    I see your point but there are much better ways to carry more stuff than lame supa powas ... primitive humans had the same problem and all they had was their brain. they used sleds, the wheel, animals etc. while this game aims at being realistic. it is not reality so we are limited by what the devs provide. i sure hope they provide a lot of tools over time to make this game into a rich realistic envirmoent with lots of sand in the box. beeing able to tame animals that help with heavy labor, cargo moving, wagon pulling would be a neat way to aliviate the limited amount of stuff a person can move

Like carrying a huge ass log on your back isnt super powers. Would take at least 2 people to carry something like that if not more.

Gathering resources for buildings isnt stupid in this game (except making cloth tarps). The wierd thing about the crafting system is that you make a shitload of stuff you just destroy anyway for the grind. Id rather see it taking 100x longer to craft something but once its made its valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Kirk View Post
    ... The wierd thing about the crafting system is that you make a shitload of stuff you just destroy anyway for the grind. ...
    Well, there's nobody forcing you to grind. There's nobody forcing you to make stuff to throw away. Doesn't sound like you enjoy grinding but obviously you grind. Makes me wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVampireSlayer View Post
    So I got the game last Friday and it seemed to ooze potential. However, I am not a huge fan of the crafting system. To me it seems more like a job than anything. What do you guys think? The major problem is that we can barely carry anything which makes carrying back one log at a time essential but also extremely tedious. I understand you are supposed to work with your tribe but it just seems to be more job-like than fun. I wouldn't mind saying that the Apocalypse granted every human with a small degree of supernatural strength and endurance. That would be much more fun, but thus far the game is far too realistic with regard to the tedium to build anything. Idk. What are your thoughts? I'm not flaming the game btw.
    Hmmmmm... ok, two ways of take this, one is moking of your requests, but i like the other better.

Dude, even when the crafting could be a little overwhelming at the beginning let me tell you, and trust me, when you finally catch the trick it turn to be a very fun feature and really pays. It's tricky i know but don't give up lad, is fun.

Now the interesting thing here for the community is that this guy represents a diferent kind of public, which is more casual player and always look for the easier way, i believe that is better if we all take a little air before answering, after all he can be a young kid and is unfair to asume that everybody has the lvl of knowledge we have of this game so far.

men i need to sleep. ^^

soz for the english.