Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re:Unnamed Business Trible Recruitment

[b]NearlyDeparted wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Would it be possible to leave the recruitment section of the forums to just recruitment? I like the idea of the tribe, but I am member of Hopi.

I would just like to think this area should be positive, leave the negative threads for the other areas maybe.[/quote]I agree with this. It would be helpful if a mod could delete the last irrelevant posts from this thread.

[b]groilla wrote:[/b][quote]

So let me get this straight.... if the OP joined a tribe right after he posted it, then the tribe that wasnt even started yet would have failed? Ivan merely said we had similar goals and offered him a spot, he did not in anyway say that this tribe was going to fail.[/quote]

It's kind of like Mr. Lsky came to us with a great idea for a restaurant, "Unnamed Burger Joint," which he would own and operate. Ivan, a local McDonalds franchise owner, replied with: "Hey, kid, that's real nice. Tell ya what, maybe you'd like to come work the grill at my place when that doesn't work out for you."

Tangerine Sky, the organizer of a local Small Business Owners Association, has offered a more genuine wish for good luck along with a fantastic offer of membership.

Why does Ivan hate small business?

[b]LSky wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]Redus wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]LSky wrote:[/b]
    [quote]
    [b]Requirements[/b]:
    - 18+ age limit
    - 12+ months of MMORPG experience
    - Mature and relaxed attitude[/quote]

I understand the age limit somehow, however where does the 12+ month of MMORPG experience come from? Does that make someone better? Wiser? or more mature/relaxed?[/quote]It makes someone more experienced in MMOs, I thought the clue was in the name. I'm looking for people that don't need to be held by their hand, especially the ones that are to be recruited first.[/quote]

Because people who played WoW for 1 year+ would be more usefull in a game like Xsyon then people who played games like EvE Online, Darkfall or Wurm online 6 months?

Beside that, 12 months of MMO experience is not really a good indication either. Someone could have had more game time under his belt in 1 month then someone in 12 months. I understand you want experienced people within you tribe, would it however not be better to just judge this yourself on an one on one basis?

I personally think people should be free to set whatever criteria they want for their tribe, especially the early life of the tribe will set the theme, and if you want to play with experienced gamers then that might be more important than pure numbers to him.

Whatever he wants to do with his tribe is right for him, I don't see why people should start wading in and say he is wrong. If he wants to use discretion when it comes up to his own rules, again thats noone else's choice but himself.

Most of the stuff posted has been a total distraction from the purpose of the thread as a recruitment post.

All the best for your tribe.

[b]Reynolds wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Whatever he wants to do with his tribe is right for him, I don't see why people should start wading in and say he is wrong. If he wants to use discretion when it comes up to his own rules, again thats noone else's choice but himself. [/quote]

and whatever I give him unwanted advice is my right and if he wants to ignore and use that advice then it is his right. His answer would also give me an insight into the person he is and what type of leader. As I would not mind joining an tribe that is focused on trading, however not sure about the 12+ year thing and whatever the reasons are and thus asking question about this might get it answered.

I agree with both sides. It is his tribe and he can do whatever he wishes with it, although a YEAR of MMO experience is total overkill. A few months is all you need, and even then there aren't a LOT of MMO's that are like Xsyon would be, so a year of say, World of Warcraft, wouldn't prepare you for Xsyon at all.

Thanks for keeping this thread active, I've been busy myself in the last few days. I'd like to make a few things clear, before more misunderstandings are being created.

The experience requirement I put up is there for the recruitment of guild 'officers' only, and for that those will be the only people I'll be recruiting. It is simply my personal conviction that those with extended playing experience in MMORPGs generally have a better understanding of what goes on inside guilds, the inter-guild politics, the intra-guild conflicts, overall organization and so on. I understand that this specific requirement is unfamiliar to many people, but for the leading positions I wish to be able to rely on experience. I hope that this clears up some confusion and to those who gave advice it is most welcome and I appreciate the gesture.

Another point, the name has yet to be determined and while I concur that it currently looks rather amusing,it is very unlikely that over time, we will not be able to come up with something that we like better.

Those who were going on about different tribes and alliances between tribes, I would appreciate it if you'd keep this thread clean. This tribe has yet to be properly established and before it has done so and the game itself has been live for a while, there will be no decisions on diplomacy related issues.

Now to the tribe itself, as soon as I secure a few more people to form the core of the guild, a name will be decided on, a website will be launched and a private ventrilo server will be acquired.

To those who are interested, send a private message or leave a reply!

Would I be allowed to join?

[b]inferno3387 wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Would I be allowed to join?[/quote]I wouldn't even begin to consider it until you changed your signature. :side:

He should get a Tribe Tribe one, they're far less annoying.