Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What happens to your Containers When ?

Someone comes along and plants a totem nearby, and you no longer can gain access to your items that are in those containers ?

I believe the person that placed the totem would have taken control of your baskets and changed the permission of them so you can no longer access them. I guess that would just be bad luck

I can still set permissions. I just cannot open them, I get the cannot do that here message.

Quote Originally Posted by hammrain View Post
    I can still set permissions. I just cannot open them, I get the cannot do that here message.
    your containers have been hijacked by Tribal land control, the leader of that tribe has the power to ignore your permissions and to assign anyone in his tribe the right to open your container too.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyk View Post
    your containers have been hijacked by Tribal land control, the leader of that tribe has the power to ignore your permissions and to assign anyone in his tribe the right to open your container too.
    This is an issue if you have large amounts of stuff without a totem and a new player comes along. However, existing tribes with existing landlots moving their entire camp to camp on your stuff is far more work then its worth. it took me forever to move 4 bins 1/2 a sector

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    This is an issue if you have large amounts of stuff without a totem and a new player comes along. However, existing tribes with existing landlots moving their entire camp to camp on your stuff is far more work then its worth. it took me forever to move 4 bins 1/2 a sector
    It really isn't an issue at all. I am actually against being able to set permissions on bins outside your tribal land.

You put bins in the open world...sometimes they get taken. It isn't an issue, it's the risk you take. If you want to keep the items, then haul it back to your area.

Quote Originally Posted by sionide View Post
    It really isn't an issue at all. I am actually against being able to set permissions on bins outside your tribal land.

You put bins in the open world...sometimes they get taken. It isn't an issue, it's the risk you take. If you want to keep the items, then haul it back to your area.
    yeah I could be on board with that. I really dont want to litter the world with bins nobody but me can access anyway to be honest and its not like someone taking my 10 small sheet metals as the crawl back home is really a game breaker for me

Quote Originally Posted by sionide View Post

I suppose at launch is is knd of an issue for all those smaller tribes and solo players that are not allowed to set up a totem or homestead. Just makes them a little more vulnerable to griefing and accidental "theft" of their stuff, that plus not having a safe zone in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    I suppose at launch is is knd of an issue for all those smaller tribes and solo players that are not allowed to set up a totem or homestead. Just makes them a little more vulnerable to griefing and accidental "theft" of their stuff, that plus not having a safe zone in the first place
    why not join a tribe just for the few days before homestead are possible?

I really think people are WAY over blowing this issue

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    why not join a tribe just for the few days before homestead are possible?

I really think people are WAY over blowing this issue
    because i said in the other thread, there are multiple reasons why this effects solo and smaller tribes and this is just another one of them