Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    Over the course of this conversation today I am actually making the following points to various people
    1. homesteads or large tribes being possible for solo or not solo's is really not a big deal either way. People are blowing the entire subject way to be much larger of an issue then it is.

2. if its a game changer for you (whomever not you personaly) then leave the game and dont post threats of quiting in an obvious ploy to get what they want. people do that all the time and its really is lame, just leave.

3. besides, the system allows more square footage of space for a solo per person then for a large tribe anyway so the soloers needs to get some perspective on this.
    So you just sort of quote people, and then take the conversation in your own direction?
    I'll keep that in mind when talking with you in the future... because..

1. I never said i had a problem with this.
    2. I never said it was.
    3. I never i said i had a problem with this either...

umm... have a good day.

Got a couple things to say here on some things, probably none of them important but hey, what the heck huh.

First, the zerg over solo thingy - Hey you already get tons more benefit down the road as a large tribe that a solo player will NEVER get. A solo player will NEVER be able to upgrade thier tribe into a village or town. They will NEVER get to set up the town government, decide on thier currency, set up thier own bank, charge taxes, or have thier own AH. So lets not say they NEED to have first dibs on land because they need to have some special perk over solo players as they already do and more coming.

Second thing is this whole idea that by giving large tribes dibs is a bad thing, realy its not. Its not a good thing either, but not for the reason of what land they get. All this is going to do is allow the larger tribes more of a chance to pick plots closer to the mainstream - the Lake. And by doing this, it also forces the solo players away from that same lake front. Now I see this as a bad thing, it segrigates the large tribes from the smaller ones, allows for more 'click' mentality and shrinks the borders or controll by the larger tribes (if they had 8 small solo tribes around them then they would be protectors of them and in a way, more controlling over those lands - by sperating them liek this will do it makes the large tribes only care about thier own land and nothng else since they are backed up against nothign but larger tribes).

The one thing thats important on this is what would happen if they didnt force the segrigation on tribe placement days, and that is that it would force the tribes to explore and spread out more. And really isn't that a good thing? Shoudnt we be trying to get more landmass covered instead of trying to centralize into population centers like that? Wouldnt the tribal wars be better if the tribal zones of control were spread out more? Right now it is obvious most never leave the lake front. You can go explore and find so many places people could settle, prime spots they jsut never seen or bothered to go find. Shouldnt we be trying to get those settled more and not less?