Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Character Aging

Re: Character Aging

Think character ageing is perfect. It eliminates the possibility of one group forever ruling the whole world, which thanks to characters eventually dying, would be more dynamic.

Also think 6 years is far too long and the time should be reduced considerably as otherwise it wouldn't actually make a noticeable presence in the game. 2 years would seem more appropriate.

Jhael wrote:
    Think character ageing is perfect. It eliminates the possibility of one group forever ruling the whole world, which thanks to characters eventually dying, would be more dynamic.

Also think 6 years is far too long and the time should be reduced considerably as otherwise it wouldn't actually make a noticeable presence in the game. 2 years would seem more appropriate.
    Agreed, I think 2 years would be a better number. Most people don't last 6 years in a game.

On a side note I ponder a new question. Does your character continue to age if your account becomes inactive and is reactivated at a later date? Say 6 months to a year later.. Everyone takes breaks.

Jhael wrote:

I think the death by aging is meant more of an effect for player who have been in the game for a while to not only keep things interesting, but the options after death may be amazing.

Also don't forget that aging is not the only way to achieve permadeath in the game :P

Re:Character Aging

Iron Maiden wrote:
    When you die of old age, the tribe should rap you in toilet paper and make zombiez :O
    *Mummies?

Shrimps wrote:
    Jhael wrote:

I think the death by aging is meant more of an effect for player who have been in the game for a while to not only keep things interesting, but the options after death may be amazing.

Also don't forget that aging is not the only way to achieve permadeath in the game :P
    2 years does not fit into the "while" range?

I only registered once I saw this feature, to read more about it.
    Don't get me wrong. I love that someone is finaly making a true sandbox and all.. but there is a reason from a gamedeisgn perspective why not even sandboxes have permadeath or aging in them.

The only way I see this as a plausible concept, is if your characters offspring inherrit in part your stats / traits. (which would be somewhat logical).

But essentially the idea puts me off.
    Most people do not like loosing controll of their achievements.
    Hell, most people cant tackle dealing with the ocationall gank, - much less open loot upon gank.
    One would conclude by this that the great majority of players, even sandbox lovers as my self, would hate to have their finely tuned stats and aesthetics change over time to finally dissapear.

i asked about aging with the faq thing on the main page a few days ago and, since it is relevant to the conversation, this is the response i got

Characters age at 9 years / real year. It will take time for the real effects of aging to set in, and they are minor. It’s not something to worry about. The main effect is that your player’s face will age and hair will turn grey / white. The other effects are minor and it will be a few years before they even happen.

Thanks for the question,

The Notorious Games Team

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 5:08 PM
    To: support@notorious-games.com
    Subject: FAQ

USER INFO:

Game Name: necoo
    FAQ QUESTION:
    i have a few questions regarding aging 1. how fast do characters age 2. at what point would a characters age be something to worry about and 3. will there be something like the fountain of youth that allows players to become young again.

... i never really got an answer to the last question... but im assuming no

necoo wrote:
    i asked about aging with the faq thing on the main page a few days ago and, since it is relevant to the conversation, this is the response i got

Characters age at 9 years / real year. It will take time for the real effects of aging to set in, and they are minor. It’s not something to worry about. The main effect is that your player’s face will age and hair will turn grey / white. The other effects are minor and it will be a few years before they even happen.

Thanks for the question,

The Notorious Games Team

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 5:08 PM
    To: support@notorious-games.com
    Subject: FAQ

USER INFO:

Game Name: necoo
    FAQ QUESTION:
    i have a few questions regarding aging 1. how fast do characters age 2. at what point would a characters age be something to worry about and 3. will there be something like the fountain of youth that allows players to become young again.

... i never really got an answer to the last question... but im assuming no
    In this case we do need hairdressers in the game Otherwise female players will ragequit !

( Since the forum became a very touchy place lately, I'd like to state that I'm kidding )

I'd hope that returning as undead would be one option after death, villages full of pc wights and other monsters sounds cool, all working towards one goal, the end of humanity! muhahaha!

Nails wrote:
    I'd hope that returning as undead would be one option after death, villages full of pc wights and other monsters sounds cool, all working towards one goal, the end of humanity! muhahaha!
    I hope that there's some hideously evil ritual you can do when you're undead so that you get a flesh and blood body back :P