View Poll Results: Would you like signs to be in game?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 92.42%
  • No

5 7.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Signs

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    If it was the end of the world and we were rebuilding... I would rape and pillage anything in my path. I would not want to be a part of any community, the less I have to share the longer I can survive. The less idiots I have to teach things to the less headaches I have. See where Im going with this? That's how I roll.
    and a few thousand years of history and a great deal of academic study strongly suggests that you would lose.

see you in game!

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    and a few thousand years of history and a great deal of academic study strongly suggests that you would lose.

see you in game!
    Genghis Khan and I would like to disagree.

Genghis Khan and I would like to disagree.
    Lol are you grouping yourself with the likes of Genghis Khan? It seems like you may take this GAME too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhowatt View Post
    Lol are you grouping yourself with the likes of Genghis Khan? It seems like you may take this GAME too seriously.
    I am going to guess that Genghis Khan used signs at some point early in his army building career.

besides, we know how to build tents but we dont know how to write and X on a wooden stick?

+1 for bringing this up again

A couple different types of small signs would be very easy and quick to code. Would help tribes in that each player's tent house could have their name in front and would also help them organize storage areas. You should definitely be able to type your own message into the sign, but have a profanity filter in place to keep people from typing ridiculous things into it.

*edit for new idea*

Maybe also have a way to have a larger sign at your City's entrance with the name of the city/tribe?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    +1 for bringing this up again

A couple different types of small signs would be very easy and quick to code. Would help tribes in that each player's tent house could have their name in front and would also help them organize storage areas. You should definitely be able to type your own message into the sign, but have a profanity filter in place to keep people from typing ridiculous things into it.

*edit for new idea*

Maybe also have a way to have a larger sign at your City's entrance with the name of the city/tribe?
    I could live with just small signs that only had about 10 characters in the length as a starter. However I do like the idea of larger signs but make it such that it can only be placed in zones not out in the wilderness.

I would perfer that homesteads didnt have big signs its a bit of a immersion killer but I can just see the QQ over disallowing signs on homesteads would create

If it was the end of the world and we were rebuilding... I would rape and pillage anything in my path. I would not want to be a part of any community, the less I have to share the longer I can survive. The less idiots I have to teach things to the less headaches I have. See where Im going with this? That's how I roll.
    So you're a solo player Blackzilla? No tribe for you huh?

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    I could live with just small signs that only had about 10 characters in the length as a starter. However I do like the idea of larger signs but make it such that it can only be placed in zones not out in the wilderness.

I would perfer that homesteads didnt have big signs its a bit of a immersion killer but I can just see the QQ over disallowing signs on homesteads would create

Big sign on a homestead... yea, kills it for me too... but a nice sign out front that might state "Toolcrafter on Duty" or something along those lines

Signs make sense on Tribal grounds or homesteads. I would also like the ability to name buildings and baskets.

Signs for the storage areas is a good idea.

I don't know about your area but ours quickly gets out of control. People start to put loot/stuff anywhere the find a space. I have tried to organize the storage bins by Type = grass here, misc scav items there, metal parts over there etc = it ends up being a mess no matter what method I have tried.

Signs that actually SHOW the tribe member Where to put items would be a big help!