Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The incredible super rare Old Saw Blade

Hey, dont mind items being rare and hard to find, but after the last wipe, the rarity of the now more or less imfamous Old Saw Blade has reached an ridiculous level. Actually found an fully working ready to equip weapon when scavvin but no blade and feel I might actually find a fully functioning U.F.O. before finding a saw blade at this point.

Woodworkers unite... yer tool is worth not yer weight in screws, but the entire worlds at this point

With this rambling I wish to say, rare is one thing but hey... come on...

The server has been up less than 2 days and you are complaining about it being too rare? Understand that it actually is suppose to be rare. If it was just kind of rare then as the server grows and let's say have 100 people scavenging for 1 hour, it wouldn't rare at all, but common.

I am not sure of the player base and the current time spent scavenging, but it is nothing atm.

Might be something that needs to be looked into however. I have seen items drop from the loot table before during some patches or updates. They can even have their rarity changed from 1/100 to 1/100000. If no one has found one yet out of all the people looking for one, to me that would raise some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    Might be something that needs to be looked into however. I have seen items drop from the loot table before during some patches or updates. They can even have their rarity changed from 1/100 to 1/100000. If no one has found one yet out of all the people looking for one, to me that would raise some questions.
    This. Just do it, its very needed in the beginning either way.

Am I to understand you actualy found "a Old saw blade? " man your epic!"most people who were looking for one over five hours dint find one.
    -I- who was looking for one for 14 hours whit a scav skill of 72 still have not found one.

I think the rule is you have to actually already own a saw before your allowed to find an old saw blade. I've personally never found one before I traded for a saw first, have found tons after I dont need it though.

I've never found one myself, looking for one for maybe 10-12 hours, skill around 35-40.
    I don't know anyone with an old saw.

Scavved for about 15 hours with a break here n there, raised my Scav skill from 25 to 55 without a trace of a old saw blade. Yeah, suppose to be rare, understand that. But with no saw in the tribe, no wood handles, very few crafted weapon and various other things, like poles and such cannot be made either.
    Rarity is one thing. Travel to the moon with a rocket made of twigs to find one is another.
    Had two different recipie one make a saw though. At least something... Could also perhaps add pruning saw blade to make a sort of saw, to at least get us started.

Yep, my entire tribe is having the same problem. Maybe they were all melted down during the civilizations demise

I usually find an old hand saw blade between 27 and 30 - Then it's a very long time before I get the recipe to make one.