Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xsyon Citizen

Suggestion: Delete Character fix

I think it would be prudent to delete all dropped player bags when the character gets deleted to prevent them from creating and deleting unlimited characters dropping their bag just to get all the tools.

Edit: and a preemptive sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

That's great, but how do you do it?

Once an item is dropped it is tied to a person through permissions(bags), and no one may open them but that person, and whomever they deemed. If said person no longer exists permissions go out the window, and free-for-all occurs. You cannot start tying containers to people. Lets say you are in a tribe, you make them containers they are in a safe spot, and do not degrade real easily. You placed the containers they are tied you, and you quit, and delete your char in a huff, but those containers aren't just full of your things, but your tribes things as well. You see where this leads to. If you have your way the Containers, and all things attached to the character in the world goes poof.

There are other ways around your suggestion as well, trading within tribes instead of Container drops. Unless you make the starter gear BOUND in someway to the player, you cannot stop the duplication of starter gear through "retreading". Leastways I don't see a way.

Xsyon Citizen
    That is true and good point. I think they could do this for the first few days at least.

I dont see it working either, as mentioned there are other ways than just dropping bags/baskets of tools, and you cant stop them all, those that want to find a way will. The basic tools are so simple to create legitimately anyway, that I dont see it as a big issue, id rather time be spent elsewhere.

Xsyon Citizen
    Then they should probably just start us with every starter tool that way they can save the server some grief from all the creating and deleting for the first hour.

Edit: Or just make all starter tools and weapons soul bound and unable to be traded or dropped.

I believe there may be impact for "re-rolling" too much. I was playing with this during the last few weeks and I've noticed the number of the recipes you start with tends to drop the more you re-roll in a short period of time. During my testing, each re-roll had the exact same stat/options/skills selected and I found that you originally start with around 66 or 67 recipes between the trade skills (except for woodcraft and masonry as you get all of the basics for every character). As I continued to remake the characters I lost 1 or 2 starter recipes each time until I got down to 60 at which point I stopped. While the number did vary up and down during this, there was a noted downward trend...

My point being, I believe they have various methods to impact those who choose to go this route, and like a lot of the game, it's not always obvious, maybe once item decay is actually in, we'll see those tools gained from re-rolling with lower stats which would impact every item you make with those tools...