View Poll Results: What Day/Time do you want the Wipe?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday Afternoon US PST Time

180 78.26%
  • Saturday Morning US PST Time

50 21.74%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Aye, I think people have voted for Friday night because that means about, what, 10 EST, 8 MST, 7PST? That'd be absolutely perfect across the Americas.

Many of us have arranged time off friday to be there for the final wipe, after already arranging time off once this week before the final wipe was moved from the 14th.

Its a major inconvenience if you do this again by moving it to Saturday. Voted Friday Afternoon as planned and originally stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    If it were Friday morning, many players in the US would have to go to work and not be able to get on to help establish their tribe's starting location.
    Yeah and if it were friday afternoon or evening, many players in EU would have to go to sleep, as we are about + 8 hours, and we wont be able to...blablabla
    and if it were got to XYZ many players in Australia *blup*

This was not a serios suggestion and when i read GuideRaguels comment on this, i think we all should prepare for monday 21st as it was with the last wipe which was planned for a friday :P

edit:
    be absolutely perfect across the Americas.
    just selfish as i expected

Wenn die meisten Leute in diesem Spiel waren die europäischen, würde ich zustimmen. WENN. ^_^

6 pm PST or 7 pm PST is fine or more early i think

Quote Originally Posted by GuideRaguel View Post
    I believe the reason i wasnt given Friday morning as an option, is that the Devs schedule runs right up to the moment of the Wipe, and the wipe is planned for the afternoon.
    So in other words, the Wipe wont be ready until atleast Friday afternoon.

We just wanted the communities thoughts on this, as would like to get as many people playing together at the start up as possible.
    Hi ... it's meee again lol

I just felt remiss if I didn't mention, and I know this will dissapoint many, but if the Devs are running such a tight schedule to the point that they are "pushing the schedule right up to the moment of the wipe" thereby causing them to potentially release the game in a "not quite so ready to release" fashion, then maybe it would be prudent to just take the extra few days they need for a comfortable, less stressful, release.

I know I do not speak for all of us, but many of us have waited as a much as a year for this launch already ( I remember the original launch was for April of last year). In light of that, what difference would a few more days of wait really make? Just do the right thing and take the time you need for a comfortable, less stressful, release.

TBH, I know that your intentions are good in terms of releasing the game on a weekend so as to allow as many people to participate as possible, but I think that your initial plans to realease during the week were the right thing to do. It would have brought the servers along with less stress. Releasing the game on a weekend may have the adverse effect of stressing and causing havoc to the server causing unecessary crashes throughout the weekend. We may get really upset if the release is delayed a few more days, but not as upset as having to be forced to experience a weekend full of crashes, lags, and server mishaps.

Anyways, I know people will be looking at me sideways for this post lol, but I still love you all and my heart is in the right place for mentioning this, so I guess I am ok with it.

/dons flame retardant suit and runs for away really fast

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanti View Post

/dons flame retardant suit and runs for away really fast
    /chases after with flamethrower

I thought I understood that the final wipe would be Friday Morning.....

So I still vote for Friday Afternoon - BUT what IS afternoon? Are we talking noon Pacific time (3pm Eastern time) or more like early evening?

I voted for saturday morning, as many EU I'd love to be able to start together with everybody else...and the only way would probably have the server start in the morning of US west coast.

Friday afternoon, more like 17:00 PST / 19:00 CST / 20:00 EST / 01:00 Saturday morning UK time