View Poll Results: What Day/Time do you want the Wipe?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday Afternoon US PST Time

180 78.26%
  • Saturday Morning US PST Time

50 21.74%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    Friday afternoon, more like 17:00 PST / 19:00 CST / 20:00 EST / 01:00 Saturday morning UK time
    Thats 2am for the rest of europe 3am for the nothern part :P fair deal.

Na I would sugest satherday morning no mather what the poll says. (as everyone will just the first possible date anyway) in the morning the us folks are free and able, the euro folks are free and able. Ausies might have a problem but that you get from living on the cast away prison island

Hi,
    Writing from Florence (Italy).
    Looking at the poll, I understand that the game will start on fri afternoo.
    As an european player, I would like the time as, if you start at 5 pm, here it will be 1 am (8 hours of difference) and you can understand the importance to have the exact time.
    Thanks for attention

•**•.¸(¯`•Nurah•´¯)¸.•**•

As an EU i prefer saturday morning PST cause it will means for me saturdays noon.

V.

Saturday Morning, because then it will be Saturday Night here ( almost Sunday ) which is awesome to play

Xsyon Citizen
    Wipe it now, wipe it now, wipe it naaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhwwwwwwwww (sob).

I chose Friday afternoon. If there is going to be server armageddon as a result of a few people logging in at peak time, then it's better to know about it sooner rather than later. That's what stress testing is for. Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead!

I prefer a afternoon of Friday as European player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashanti View Post
    Hi ... it's meee again lol

I just felt remiss if I didn't mention, and I know this will dissapoint many, but if the Devs are running such a tight schedule to the point that they are "pushing the schedule right up to the moment of the wipe" thereby causing them to potentially release the game in a "not quite so ready to release" fashion, then maybe it would be prudent to just take the extra few days they need for a comfortable, less stressful, release.

I know I do not speak for all of us, but many of us have waited as a much as a year for this launch already ( I remember the original launch was for April of last year). In light of that, what difference would a few more days of wait really make? Just do the right thing and take the time you need for a comfortable, less stressful, release.

TBH, I know that your intentions are good in terms of releasing the game on a weekend so as to allow as many people to participate as possible, but I think that your initial plans to realease during the week were the right thing to do. It would have brought the servers along with less stress. Releasing the game on a weekend may have the adverse effect of stressing and causing havoc to the server causing unecessary crashes throughout the weekend. We may get really upset if the release is delayed a few more days, but not as upset as having to be forced to experience a weekend full of crashes, lags, and server mishaps.

Anyways, I know people will be looking at me sideways for this post lol, but I still love you all and my heart is in the right place for mentioning this, so I guess I am ok with it.

/dons flame retardant suit and runs for away really fast
    Same,i cant wait to play for real,but if you had to put it off a day or 2 i think we can get by.
    But the sooner we get to play the better.
    I voted friday because i want to play but like i said i can wait

Friday afternoon. The sooner the better for me. It looks like I may be able to get most of Friday off work, so by the afternoon I will done and ready to start building our world.

Friday.

Going out > Xsyon

Saturday mornings... Beer the night before.