Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Gamefreak

The problem is beta testing should be just that...beta testing. and while people take a lot of thier own spare time beta testing games ( i'm a particular avid beta tester myself ) they should understand that one release day comes....you start from a fresh clean slate! the same as the players that are join only for release.

For tribes to think that beta testing somehow gives them a right to "thier land" is just plain wrong in a sandbox game. None of us own any part of the game and there is no difference between the solo player stopping a tribe of 50 from grabbing thier favoured spot, from a tribe stopping a solo player getting his own preffered spot! one way more people dont get what they want...thats all.

Day one should be just that...day one! otherwise just simply dont wipe...whats the point in wiping if your going to let certain preffered customers have a headstart?

And if somone takes a tribes spot....then he simply got there first! is that a crime?

This is SANDBOX all welcome it and enjoy it

Actually, beta ends in two days. No more wipes after that, we're at pre-release and gold standard.

yes looking forward to it

Will be a crazy opening few hours i would have thought. everyone running straight to thier preffered locations to get that special place first!

But i really cant wait for a month into release to step back and take another look at the world once people have settled! will be good to compare screenshots, before and after!

Where did you find that and are there more? I wanna do some IRL trolling with my classmates today ^_^

5. 02-16-2011, 02:12 PM

6. 02-16-2011, 02:15 PM

7. 02-16-2011, 02:23 PM

8. 02-16-2011, 02:53 PM

I honestly don't see what the problem is here. Both my friend and I are planning on playing as solo players. It will take us at least 2 days to find a good spot to set up a homestead. And I would not want to set one up on prime real estate next to a tribe of griefers and PvP nuts. Or for that matter anywhere on prime real estate where a group of 4 players can beat the crap outta my buddy and me. If I wanted to solo and not have t oworry about getting my ass kicked I'll play "a tale in the desert".

So, like I said, at least 2 days to find a great spot close to a tribe I can trade with, but well out of their way.

10. 02-16-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisermn View Post
    I honestly don't see what the problem is here. Both my friend and I are planning on playing as solo players. It will take us at least 2 days to find a good spot to set up a homestead. And I would not want to set one up on prime real estate next to a tribe of griefers and PvP nuts. Or for that matter anywhere on prime real estate where a group of 4 players can beat the crap outta my buddy and me. If I wanted to solo and not have t oworry about getting my ass kicked I'll play "a tale in the desert".

So, like I said, at least 2 days to find a great spot close to a tribe I can trade with, but well out of their way.
    It might take you two days, but at least theoritically, life will be much easier (and longer) for you and your buddy if everyone else is also busy trying to find a spot, instead of having their spots and trying to find easy prey!

There is no way to transcribe the sound I made when I saw that.

This round goes to you.

If you want to play solo then you shouldn't play MMORPG at all. What's wrong with people today ?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMoe View Post
    If you want to play solo then you shouldn't play MMORPG at all. What's wrong with people today ?
    Playing solo in MMO doesn't equal singleplayer game experience. You still are part of the community, you still interact with people you encounter(through trade, PvP etc).

Quote Originally Posted by rixk View Post
    Playing solo in MMO doesn't equal singleplayer game experience. You still are part of the community, you still interact with people you encounter(through trade, PvP etc).
    Thank you. Your answer is so much politer and shorter than mine would have been!