Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    oto -

For clarification, an instance is a separate copy of an area for each player or group of players. EVE has no instances. I'm not clear on what you were talking about with regard to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    If tribal safe zones go away completely without severe consequences for pvpers who kill and destroy inside the tribal lands and homesteads of others, then I want to see either separate servers or safe zones. It works fine in Eve. If the person behind this game (it is mostly one, isn't it?) just does not want this because it's not his vision for the game, that I respect and accept, whether I continue to play after a bunch of griefers are permitted to harass and destroy smaller tribes and solo players or not. It's not my game. But I have zero respect for the would-be griefers' opinions on the subject. To be honest, I have zero respect for that type of player (and person) to begin with.

When you get home from work, turn on your computer, and log in to a game with the goal of making other players' lives miserable today and to order your tribe minions about in an effort to organize toward this goal, you're a closet sociopath, and it's a shame you're not locked up in a padded room, far from a computer, although I suppose we should all breathe a sigh of relief if you're playing this and not running an organized crime ring, a government, or a corporation like the more ambitious sociopaths usually end up doing!
    You don't have to worry, safe zones will stay till we get the option to build walls and gates, perhaps even NPC guards to protect our area. It won't be like that its safe zone one day, next day anyone can intrude and kill tribe members.
    It was stated as well that if there is a demand, separated servers with different PvP rules will be set up. And there will be a demand for sure, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Generally speaking...

You only make your own life miserable if you choose to play an open-PvP game when you clearly do not enjoy PvP. Conquering of territory and the players within it is not "griefing". It's part of <insert any game that has those mechanics>.

Going as far as tossing out the label you just posted... Well, I don't think it actually needs an analysis.
    Sorry if this ends up a double post, but I better clarify. I don't mind pvp. Open pvp annoys me, it's true, but right now this game will have small safe zones, and who knows what the future will bring?

The sociopath label is not one I apply to regular pvpers. It is one I apply to people who enter the game world with the sole intention of making other players' lives miserable. And I have met a lot of these in open pvp worlds. A scary number, actually. They aren't doing it to have fun and see who fights the best. They aren't even doing it to take a much weaker players' loot. They don't care about good fights or loot, they care about griefing other players.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Sorry if this ends up a double post, but I better clarify. I don't mind pvp. Open pvp annoys me, it's true, but right now this game will have small safe zones, and who knows what the future will bring?

The sociopath label is not one I apply to regular pvpers. It is one I apply to people who enter the game world with the sole intention of making other players' lives miserable. And I have met a lot of these in open pvp worlds. A scary number, actually. They aren't doing it to have fun and see who fights the best. They aren't even doing it to take a much weaker players' loot. They don't care about good fights or loot, they care about griefing other players.
    All playstyles have their griefers. Never had people run around and kill-steal or train mobs?

All playstyles have their griefers. Never had people run around and kill-steal or train mobs?
    Sure I have, they fall in the same category if they're doing it specifically to ruin the game for other players. What always surprises me isn't that they exist, but that so many of them exist. And when they band together, they can really tear up a game and drive a lot of players out of the game. Which is often their goal.

oto -

For clarification, an instance is a separate copy of an area for each player or group of players. EVE has no instances. I'm not clear on what you were talking about with regard to that.
    An instance is most areas that needs to be loaded in to, but I'm thinking in industry jargon. They're more commonly called zones, and the 'instances' you refer to is technically different then an instance, but I'm a game design student and I forget to not talk like that ^_^.

I guess just replace instance with zones and you'll understand me better.

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    An instance is most areas that needs to be loaded in to, but I'm thinking in industry jargon. They're more commonly called zones, and the 'instances' you refer to is technically different then an instance, but I'm a game design student and I forget to not talk like that ^_^.

I guess just replace instance with zones and you'll understand me better.
    No industry jargon. Instances and zones are not the same things.

Instances are evil, too.

Terrible idea. It's already bad enough that tribal land is a safe zone, why would we want to increase the safe zones by 10 fold?

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Terrible idea. It's already bad enough that tribal land is a safe zone, why would we want to increase the safe zones by 10 fold?
    Because PvP always games have low player bases.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Because PvP always games have low player bases.
    False.

It's easy to make bold statements when you don't have to back them up with facts!