Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Idea: PvP and PvE players on 1 server!

Warzone and Neutral - check map:

Warzone for PvP Players, Neutral for PvE Players:

The benefit for PvP players is that only in their Warzone "Advanced" Weaponcraft mats can be found in scrap piles.

The benefit for Neutral is that only in their Neutral Zone "Advanced" Toolcraft mats can be found in scrap piles.

The reason why there's a Warzone is because of the scrap piles with Advanced weapon materials in that area, Good and Evil both want the best weapons available.

PvP players have to trade with Neutral players or move into their Neutral Zone to get their mats for the tools they need in higher skill crafting.

Neutral players have to trade with PvP players or move into their Warzone for Advanced weapons/mats, they need them for higher skill Hunting/Logging/Teraforming ect.

Both type of players need each other or have to visit each other's Zone to make progress in the game.

Neutral players can attack both Good/Evil players in their Neutral Zone.

PvP Players (Good/Evil) can attack all Neutral players in their Warzone.

Neutral players don't have to PvP if they don't want to*

What do you think?

* They can trade mats with PvP players in their own Neutral Zone or trade with other Neutral players that got the items they need.

How would you realistically explain the fact that you can not attack people in certain areas?

You can't really.

Bad idea in my opinion. Far to artificial and there is too much of artificiality in this game already.

I hope the Dev's are never listen to suggestions like this. This game was supposed to be a free Open World Sandbox MMORPG. Artificial zones that are not needed will destroy freedome and remove player interaction

This idea has been tried in many many games and it just leads to exploits. Nice job with the jpeg though.

Never want to see this, zonal PVP does not work well, especially in a sandbox environment, youre taking a lot away from the world.

I think PvP is important. It makes life in Xsyon more interesting. I mysef like to craft things and am peaceful and would not think of killing another player. I realized that the more I had and the more I learned that the risc of loosing my belongings was getting into my mind and causing me to be more careful. My style of playing was influenced by this. I was thinking about what would happen if I lost everything, what should I do. I think that if the world was safe it would not be as interesting. Coping with dangers is the spice of life in Xsyon. There will always be wolves and sheep. You have to realize that both need one another. The wolves die if there are no more sheep left, and the sheep donīt evolve without wolves.

If tribal safe zones go away completely without severe consequences for pvpers who kill and destroy inside the tribal lands and homesteads of others, then I want to see either separate servers or safe zones. It works fine in Eve. If the person behind this game (it is mostly one, isn't it?) just does not want this because it's not his vision for the game, that I respect and accept, whether I continue to play after a bunch of griefers are permitted to harass and destroy smaller tribes and solo players or not. It's not my game. But I have zero respect for the would-be griefers' opinions on the subject. To be honest, I have zero respect for that type of player (and person) to begin with.

When you get home from work, turn on your computer, and log in to a game with the goal of making other players' lives miserable today and to order your tribe minions about in an effort to organize toward this goal, you're a closet sociopath, and it's a shame you're not locked up in a padded room, far from a computer, although I suppose we should all breathe a sigh of relief if you're playing this and not running an organized crime ring, a government, or a corporation like the more ambitious sociopaths usually end up doing!

The EvE argument is bull because they have slows and immobilizers and jumpgates-specific nodes of entry. You can make a person duke it out and kill you to run. Also, this is a sandbox without instances-every place you jump or warp to in EvE is an instance-the only instance. It works in that game with its unique travel structure, but not this one.

Generally speaking...

You only make your own life miserable if you choose to play an open-PvP game when you clearly do not enjoy PvP. Conquering of territory and the players within it is not "griefing". It's part of <insert any game that has those mechanics>.

Going as far as tossing out the label you just posted... Well, I don't think it actually needs an analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    The EvE argument is bull because they have slows and immobilizers and jumpgates-specific nodes of entry. You can make a person duke it out and kill you to run. Also, this is a sandbox without instances-every place you jump or warp to in EvE is an instance-the only instance. It works in that game with its unique travel structure, but not this one.
    You do make valid points on the game design structure. The griefers could be discouraged in this game from whatever the equivalent of gate camping would be. Honestly, I'd like to see two servers with two different rulesets for pvp, mostly because I think it would be funny to watch the open pvp one empty out as soon as the pvp restricted to certain zones server opened. I might be wrong that this would happen. A lot of WoW's pvp servers are full on a regular basis, but WoW has safe zones and no player structures to destroy. I suspect the open pvp crowd of Xsyon is a very small, they just happen to be very loud.