Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re:Unoffical Xsyon Wiki

Looks good.

Edit: Aw I put a new page after someone asked a question. I hate it when people do that to me, so I'll put it here!

kiwibird wrote:
    I have also noticed we may have another problem.

Skills: Hunting
    Economy: Craft: Hunting

Can we have a clear means of separating Hunting in terms of the skill and hunting in terms of a Craft...

Or is it as simple as Hunting_(Skill) and Hunting_(Craft)

As a precaution I wont add the Hunting (Skills) place holder to the wiki section, but it is a skill that can be entered.

Re:Is this a wiki problem or my problem?

kiwibird wrote:
    Wiki: Unarmed Combat

The Unarmed Combat section auto-magically reformats the page to:
    UnArmed Combat

When it should be:
    Unarmed Combat
    Looks great Kiwibird! I am aware of the bug though, the solution is simple. To avoid mistaken linking, all you have to do is add <nowiki></nowiki> tags around the affected word, within the WikiText

I have been trying to make the auto linking script smarter... but... i have been failing at the task.

Your second question i don't understand clearly... but i have a good idea. Separating unrelated topics with the same name should be done the same as it is on Wikipedia. That is to say, to separate, lets say hunting from skill and craft, it would indeed be "as simple as Hunting_(Skill) and Hunting_(Craft)" The underscores are not needed though, spaces will do just fine.

In terms of my work on the wiki, school is almost over, just 2 more weeks, and then i shall once again, have too much time on my hands.

Thank you everybody for your contribution to the Wiki!

Xsyon Citizen

I've added a personal bio there regarding me ...
    Might contribute a bit more to spice things up a little.

Ah thanks R*Bomb, was going to do that, but didn't want to create things and have to be deleted later.

As for the work, well its not much, just place holders, but it may be worth while later on to know that we knew those skills even before the game actually launched :P Personally I just like to know that there are skills and that the order of such skills are grouped, nothing worse than skills left right and centre!

[edit=1]
    I have created the Hunting_(Skill) page, and a Hunting page link to both (Skill), and (Craft) pages. The (Craft) page has not been created as no information is made, but hopefully there is a special page that can detect 'referenced pages that have no content'; far to early to be doing work lol.

Re: Unoffical Xsyon Wiki

R*BOMB wrote:
    In terms of my work on the wiki, school is almost over, just 2 more weeks, and then i shall once again, have too much time on my hands.
    I want to offer you help but, I'm sure you can handle things! And I'm not that great myself. I'm an admin on a wiki for another MMO. But I don't do that much work anyways. But I hope to see yours do well! Maybe I'll want to talk to you about the exciting world of wikis some day.

Selzi wrote:
    R*BOMB wrote:
    I want to offer you help but, I'm sure you can handle things! And I'm not that great myself. I'm an admin on a wiki for another MMO. But I don't do that much work anyways. But I hope to see yours do well! Maybe I'll want to talk to you about the exciting world of wikis some day.
    There is more work than a single person can do, any contribution is greatly appreciated.

Just like to congratulate Augir who is a new admin on the wiki, and also would like to thank him for his massive contribution to the wiki (~250 pages). Again I remind everyone that ANY contribution is greatly appreciated.

Also, I personally would like to apologize to the community. I personally have not done much for the wiki over the past few months, and I do not see much coming from me in the future as well. I have been very sick for the past few months and i see no sign of improvement in the near future. I will however continue doing as much as I comfortably can.

Sorry to all those who wanted a wiki asap.... but fear not, as today has shown there is still hope for the wiki, and it is people like Augir who are making it possible.

Also if you are interested in moderating and what not, I am always looking for people to do the job.

R*BOMB

this is all good, but eventually someone is going to create a wiki and provide ALL the information anyway, so trying to limit it on r-bomb's wiki is just going to hurt him later on. They will stop using his limited wiki site and start using one that has more information.

Is there such a thing currently? I would love to see one wiki for this game, my personal view is it should be hosted here, but that is not my choice to make... I can help moderate it, and perhaps if needed be an admin, however I don't know much about wiki's behind the scenes.

My view is that players need to focus on one wiki, not spilt the information into pieces.