Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unoffical Xsyon Wiki

I would like to announce that R*Bomb has so graciously spent the last few weeks of his free time to create a dedicated Wiki for Xsyon: http://xsyonwiki.com

I will repeat what R*Bomb is about to mention. Wikis can ruin a game and the sense of discovery, R*Bomb has been generous enough to adhere to the request of removing any content that would ruin this aspect for Xsyonians (sounds good to me).

R*Bomb
    Xsyon Wiki

Nearly every game has their own dedicated wiki. Some of these wiki's are based at Wikia, while others were lucky enough to get their own dedicated website. Xsyon will be one of the lucky few. The goal of a wiki is to inform a player or a concerned person on information about the game. Our goal is simple. We are going to provide every piece of information, sorted in a easy to navigate format, which will not only save you time, but will also save you the frustration of digging in hundreds of forum posts for meager pieces of information.

MMO's for the most part, are all about the sense of discovery in the new world the player has entered. Most wiki's unfortunately, end up spoiling this sense of discovery through the information presented on the wiki. Our goal with the wiki is to prevent what would be considered as a "spoiling" piece of information from making its way onto the website. We will provide information such as: Statistical information, Environmental information, Economical information. We will NOT provide any locations that players may not already know.

For our community: I have made a section on the wiki for players to make themselves wiki pages. Here you may want to say who you are, how epic you are, and hey... maybe you just want your character to have a back story?

Examples: http://xsyonwiki.com/w/Category:The_Community

To Those Who Want to Contribute

There are many people who would like to contribute but are unable to figure out how... guess what? We have an entire wiki that needs information on more or less everything. Editing a wiki page or creating a wiki page is as simple as clicking "edit" on the relevant page. Lets say you wanted to make the page "RBOMB" you would navigate to the page "http://xsyonwiki.com/w/RBOMB" and click "edit"/"create this page". The Xsyon wiki does not require you to know the wiki page codes. It contains a embedded rich editor for your convenience. So really, if you can edit a text document, you can make a wiki page.

If you find editing wiki pages complicated, have no fear! As long as you can get the information onto the article and save it, that is all you need to do! My team and I will clean up your article and add it to the appropriate category. Other issues, such as being unable to make images display and other issues, just put a link to your image within the article, and we will sort it out for you. All the adjustments to your page will be made within 24 hours of creation.

To Tribes/Guilds

Many guilds have found it beneficial to make their guild their own wiki page to assist in recruitment and spreading their word. Feel free to do the same as some other guilds have already done.

Tribes: http://xsyonwiki.com/w/Category:Tribes

Support

If you need support regarding the wiki, you can find me nearly always, on the Official Xsyon IRC Channel. Or you can email me at rbombster@gmail.com

Short Version

For the short version please scroll to the top of this page.

Xsyon Wiki Manager,
    R*BOMB

Re: Unoffical Xsyon Wiki

Nice work Rbomb

Looks good. Thanks RBomb & Virtus.

Visitor

lol nice work but it doesnt say anything about the tribe tribe lol

Villa wrote:
    lol nice work but it doesnt say anything about the tribe tribe lol
    Sure it does:

To Tribes/Guilds

Many guilds have found it beneficial to make their guild their own wiki page to assist in recruitment and spreading their word. Feel free to do the same as some other guilds have already done.

Visitor

lol it still doesnt say anything about teh tribe tribe lol

Numbnuts, each tribe has to do it themselves...

Visitor

lol \\effort

Re:Unoffical Xsyon Wiki

awesome work thank you R*Bomb.

Xsyon Citizen

Re:Unoffical Xsyon Wiki

Absolutely, great work!!
    I'm going to post a few things in there.