Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    here is a small example of how I think it should be
    video

its a comparision of the same gameplay, one standard, one with sounds i added from my stock archive I keep for things.

granted the sound levels may not be correct, and not the best music choice..but it was a quick 10 minute job in vegas..but think it shows just a few sounds added makes a world of difference!

That was really nice dxwarlock, thanks for that.

not a problem. was going to do it anyway..because xsyon didnt "feel right" playing it and was curious if it was the lack of sounds that made it feel 'hollow'
    a few birds and wind sounds, a wolf, some stream and waterfall noises with a bit of music made it feel like I went from a generic no name game, to an actual high end polished gameplay footage (to me at least)

i just feels weird walking around and yourself being the only noisy thing you hear..lol

not really a sound related thing, but it would be an element of it, when chopping trees, have birds ruffling and making a fuss and leaving the top of the tree taking flight every now and then as you start to chop down.

That actually sounds really good dx, how long were you planning on not showing me that :P Animal and nature sounds are great, but what I would give for a soundtrack... The intro music really does leave you wanting more.

Maybe all of the birds and crickets ARE DEAD. Lol, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    here is a small example of how I think it should be
    video

its a comparision of the same gameplay, one standard, one with sounds i added from my stock archive I keep for things.

granted the sound levels may not be correct, and not the best music choice..but it was a quick 10 minute job in vegas..but think it shows just a few sounds added makes a world of difference!
    nice! yeah that's how it shud be

My ears are bored.
    Loving the game, but can you please, please, PLEASE add more environmental effects, give the game more ambience when you're travelling long distances...Such as the low rustle of a wind, birds chirping away Half animals isn't in game yet. Can't make a sound if it isn't there. (plenty of trees for nesting!), the howling of distant beasts etc, it would be amazing to have all this in the game.

I just can't help but notice how empty the game sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    That actually sounds really good dx, how long were you planning on not showing me that :P
    I just did it today P

Quote Originally Posted by Arkonick View Post
    Half animals isn't in game yet. Can't make a sound if it isn't there. (plenty of trees for nesting!), the howling of distant beasts etc, it would be amazing to have all this in the game.

I just can't help but notice how empty the game sounds.
    well by the time they patch sounds in animals would be around too

Yeah that's pretty awesome.