Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    kind of off topic, but as to the food question, I hope that once cooking comes into play, that there will be more effects from certain types of food. Buffs maybe or ... something. To me the food isn't that tedious, but water to me is. You should just be able to take one drink and have a countdown and you stop it when you want. There is no benefit to the game to make you click that many times. Maybe there is, if you are a evil PvP player, it might give you that chance to sneak up and bam, you got em.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbrtsn View Post
    kind of off topic, but as to the food question, I hope that once cooking comes into play, that there will be more effects from certain types of food. Buffs maybe or ... something. To me the food isn't that tedious, but water to me is. You should just be able to take one drink and have a countdown and you stop it when you want. There is no benefit to the game to make you click that many times. Maybe there is, if you are a evil PvP player, it might give you that chance to sneak up and bam, you got em.
    Camera pan is a huge fail, unfortunately. Nix that junk.

I agree with OP, at least when cooking is in, and after whatever more pressing changes on the list are taken care of. I'd like to see my character compelled to go out for water (but also be able to fill a reasonably sized portable container when she does go for water and have that last her through a day). I also think she should train basic cooking skills when those are in game, or be forced to forage for edible plants and eat raw fish much more often to make up for a lack of cooking skills, plus, if she can't preserve fish because she can't cook, she shouldn't be able to store fish in a basket and expect it to be edible later! In fact, it really should ruin everything in the basket and maybe attract bears with the stench, and basket designs specific to food storage would be more realistic, too.

Edited to add: Hm, basket full of rotting food = hunter's bear bait?