Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

introduce incentives for trade/pvp/crafting

I might not have a full picture of the full game, but to me so far it seems as if everything can be gathered in a close proximity to your tribe homestead. This leads to all tribes being totally independent and self sufficient.

There is no tangible effect of starvation/thirst that I have noticed, except faster health regen. I hope there will be a very heavy penalty for starvation/thirst when cooking is released. Like -80% efficiency in all skills and -80% skill gain and possibly even skill decay. I would not care for thirst/hunger if it only affected quality of crafted items, since I spend time just skilling crafting and I do not care about the hundreds of helmets I create as long as I gain skill ups at non penalized rate.

If there was a clear need for food, then there would be a bigger need for hunting/fishing.

There should be highly sought after materials that are rare and only found in specific regions. If there was a very high quality metal found in one specific region, tribes of that region would be able to gather it and trade it for other highly sought commodities, that are only found in other regions. And when trade commences on a large scale, then pvp might have a meaning as a means of stealing the valuable commodities.

There could be rare, powerful mutants/animals that you can skin/buthcher/etc for superior meat/skins/bones/trophies that require tribes to gear up combat skilled tribe members with the absolutely best equipment they can craft so they can bring back fabulous components that you can use to craft items that will give, for instance, trophies that give tribe buffs, food that is better/longer lasting than other food, bones that can be used to produce the best bone armor/bone tools/bone weapons in the game.

Since such monster spawns would be on the rare side, there would be a clear incentive to fight over those spawns or people would try to steal the items from the monster slayers. It would result in a race towards the safety of the tribelands, while other tribes are hunting them for their precious goods. This would allow excitement and a meaningful/logical goal for pvp instead of just having noob ganking.

I fully agree with you. There needs to be an incentive to trade. Otherwise everyone will stay in their little enclaves until players get bored and leave the game. Until tribal warfare gets in, which will add another dimension.

when you don't have food or water, you notice the stamina regen/maintainment drops enormously.

Also, mythological creatures native to the land are confirmed to be going in. See the armor up top? We were able to make both of them. We just wore cowboy hats instead ^_^

It took about 10 deer to make 3 sets. People friggin bolted every time we got near them too, thinking we jacked it off of a crafter when we made all of it ourselves.

i sugest few times ago in Mine/Resources but think fit more in evolution ( moderator delet my topic cotain all my sugestion )

Quote Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
    when you don't have food or water, you notice the stamina regen/maintainment drops enormously.

Also, mythological creatures native to the land are confirmed to be going in. See the armor up top? We were able to make both of them. We just wore cowboy hats instead ^_^

It took about 10 deer to make 3 sets. People friggin bolted every time we got near them too, thinking we jacked it off of a crafter when we made all of it ourselves.
    Reduced stamina regen is not enough as an incentive to use food/drink. I do not need food to craft because I am stationary. But in real life you would die from not eating. I was disappointed when I found at that hunger did not seem to do anything besides affecting stamina regen. It should penalize skill usage and skill gain and possibly greatly speed up skill decay.

If you wish to have craft fails, have to rest more and progress half as slow as the people who eat and drink, go ahead dont do it. things aint small term here, they are long term. you cant master all crafts you can make the basic stuff of all crafts. you will trade and as the game evolves and tribes become towns more crafts are unlocked you will need to trade.. or eat fishes for the rest of your days...

Xsyon Citizen
    I agree with OP. I think what should happen is regional resources. Having certain trees and branches etc from certain areas in crafting recipes that call for a specific tree type for an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    If you wish to have craft fails, have to rest more and progress half as slow as the people who eat and drink, go ahead dont do it. things aint small term here, they are long term. you cant master all crafts you can make the basic stuff of all crafts. you will trade and as the game evolves and tribes become towns more crafts are unlocked you will need to trade.. or eat fishes for the rest of your days...
    Go ahead and don't do what? I cannot decide that food suddenly should halve progress rate. Or do you mean I should "roleplay" and craft then take a 20 second break, craft, break, craft, break and so on? The mechanic should be in game not in my playstyle. I am just saying that right now, unless things change, food plays a very weak role. It mainly affects how far you can carry your stuff without having to stop and rest. I think that is way too small usage of food.

There is an incredibly fine line with regard to tedious versus engaging playability. Xsyon food, drink, stamina, and rest mechanics are pretty much on the tedious side.

There is so much downtime managing those things, it's going to burn many people out in the long run. "Real life" rarely equates to good gameplay.

Junk piles are supposed to go away as they get used up and already saw a thread on what to do when wood and animals get scarce. Mines are supposed to go in at some point as is agriculture - wonder what the effect of mines on agricuture will be?

We are also supposed to age in game - was this in beta?

I guess my point is that I don't think a lot of consequences are in the game yet but expect they will be coming.