View Poll Results: How many friends will you be playing with?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just myself

21 32.31%
  • Me and 2 or 3 others

7 10.77%
  • Me and 4 others, enough to start a tribe

11 16.92%
  • More than 10 of us.

26 40.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    nope, but that is ok, I'm sure others will make the same error. It is good to catch these things early because it allows me to factor in such things as someone pushing the wrong button. You can find out who voted for what in any poll by clicking on the number of votes in the poll graph.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    I did? I thought I voted for the other one.
    He did vote for the other one. we had 9 members at the time.

But, this has jumped. Dreampod's in, tommy, and Blaspheme's so fustrated about earthrise that he's thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    The world is build out of false polls and surve's using caucualtion that favor the the group it needs it favor. :P its the lack of having a save secure easy way to cast a vote on a goverment isseu taht creates the 5k-500k invalid survee's ( its funy to see how much money is made by companys that do this stuff for groups/corps/goverments)

A game however can code in a in game poll system that requires everyone to vote ( or" press dont want to vote button") and thus giving true results.
    Polls theselves are not false (if not rigged intentionally one or other way). You can get good data and estimation from them if you want to. How will you bend results, or what method will you use or any other missuse of actual results is what is wrong. Although in this particualar poll you yourself can see the results and judge for yourself on raw data.

And i assure you they dont need to poll this, they have actual data from the game

Oh, and just to include one banal but effective example:

Was watching TV and tv station proudly advertise that some show had 75% watch rating (or whatever its called in English), and of course asterisk at the end of their gloriuos announcement, and letters so small at the bottom of the screen that you couldnt read it (and i have a good sight). So next time their glorious announcement came on and i jumped to read what it says, i had to get to 3 cm of screen to do that, and it said "*women age 28-33".

So far, from responses made by people, not only to this pole, but to others as well the world is looking something like this:

~ 14 Tribes that are >= 10
    ~ 80 Tribes that are >= 5 < 10
    ~ 200 Homesteads.

this is of course, very, very, VERY, general.

Do you guys think that sounds accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisermn View Post
    So far, from responses made by people, not only to this pole, but to others as well the world is looking something like this:

~ 14 Tribes that are >= 10
    ~ 80 Tribes that are >= 5 < 10
    ~ 200 Homesteads.

this is of course, very, very, VERY, general.

Do you guys think that sounds accurate?
    It's a good guess. Doesn't really matter whether the numbers are correct, it's the trend that matters and you got that one right.

The underlying thing of course is that the game experience of people in a large tribe (practically everything with more than 10 members) will be a vastly different one than the game experience of people that play solo or in small groups of less than 5 members. This isn't the first game and won't be the last one where large guilds from beta and multi-game guilds will race to the top in no time while the solo and small tribe players will be struggling to get something done. It's just the nature of the beast.

The problem of course is that the large guilds will achieve their goals rather soon and will be looking for other goals. I hope they can find their goals in this game and don't think about moving on to the next big thing. I also hope they will let the solo and small tribe players alone instead of trying to dominate the server.

We will see how it pans out. Interesting times ahead indeed.

I've played with,
    Shinra
    Hopi
    and a few others...
    I solo now...after a year its easy... but Im not a coger..even days before final wipe I've helped new players get a grasp of the game...thats what I do..help new players get a grasp..not by giving them the tools but by teaching them to make the tools and know how to protect them...

Still gunna be the first to give a Cat Hat to dev...but I'll help every new player I run into I can in any way I can....

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    I've played with,
    Shinra
    Hopi
    and a few others...
    I solo now...after a year its easy... but Im not a coger..even days before final wipe I've helped new players get a grasp of the game...thats what I do..help new players get a grasp..not by giving them the tools but by teaching them to make the tools and know how to protect them...

Still gunna be the first to give a Cat Hat to dev...but I'll help every new player I run into I can in any way I can....
    Does offereing to carry their tools for a while count as helping? You know, tools can be heavy and encumber you... ;P

lol if haulin tools hurts ya...gl haulin lumber for your tribe or homested..
    Pure strengthh do not match a man in this game, Simple judgment helped me free Tallac of its curses...."an idiot attacks head on"...
    Yet I cured that land on idiots...
    Your tools will help you ten fold if you use them correctly...