View Poll Results: How many friends will you be playing with?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just myself

21 32.31%
  • Me and 2 or 3 others

7 10.77%
  • Me and 4 others, enough to start a tribe

11 16.92%
  • More than 10 of us.

26 40.00%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How many people will you be playing with?

There has been alot of talk about homesteads and tribes (large and small) etc... With a tribe being limited to more than 4 people, I was wondering how many players will be homesteaders and how many will have enough friends ingame to start a tribe.

this is a good poll idea.

Thank you. I noticed the other polls set the parameters between 1 player, then 2-9, then 9+. With the tribe minimum set to 5 it seemed like it would be a better way to analyze the player base.

umm... lol. It's only been 20 minutes. I set this poll to run for 10 days.

You are right about this poll being unweighted. It will actually not reflect the playerbase data, but only the data of the players that browse the forum and vote in this particular poll. Also, people in tribes that may tend to look at the forum more than casual single players (who may not necessarily check the forum evryday or at all) may tilt the data in that direction. Fortunately however, there are ways to analyze the data and get a good general idea what the population in game will look like re. homesteads, tribal areas and towns. IRL I work as an analyst at Cisco Systems and I find this type of stuff fascinating. And before you say it, yes, I am an ubernerd

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisermn View Post
    You are right about this poll being unweighted. It will actually not reflect the playerbase data, but only the data of the players that browse the forum and vote in this particular poll. Also, people in tribes that may tend to look at the forum more than casual single players (who may not necessarily check the forum evryday or at all) may tilt the data in that direction. Fortunately however, there are ways to analyze the data and get a good general idea what the population in game will look like re. homesteads, tribal areas and towns. IRL I work as an analyst at Cisco Systems and I find this type of stuff fascinating. And before you say it, yes, I am an ubernerd
    actually I think forums give a good sample of the population (given your stats background you clearly know I am explicting using those terms for a reason), granted the sample doesnt provide enough of the overall population to get a comfortable 90% but overtime I think it could get in tha 70%ish range.

many game features are decided by unique posts on forums pages!