Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fabric, branches, tarps oh my...

I think we need some kind of Mix-N-Match system = what I mean:

Right now when you make a tarp you need the same exact color and type of fabric to make one tarp. So you have to have (example) 4 White Cotton Fabric.

Then you need 4 of those Exact Same Type Tarps to make a tent. Meaning that you need 4x4=16 White Cotton to make a tent.

Because there are SOOO many colors and types of fabric this becomes a BIG Storage Problem.

The same is true with the Branches. It is hard to find branches because of the fact you Need to collect branches ONLY under trees. Once the trees are cut down there are no more branches. Then there are a gazillion Types of branches = Jeffery Pine, Sugar Pine, White Willow, etc. None of which Mix-n-match.

Please make creating and building Mix-n-match = a fence can use pine AND willow together to make a fence. Make it so you can "quilt" the fabric into a tarp or use different Tarps together to build your building.

We have 3 bins full of the different fabric - because there are soo many different ones it is hard to organize and get the amount needed for use. It is a PITA to organize. After you sort you end up with grey, green, cobolt blue, violet, black.....etc ALONG with cotton, velvet, denum, poly, linen, etc.

Just putting all of the fabric in a storage bin is a Pain - remembering which bin the green is in then the violet and brown.

I REally Really appreciate the effort the Dev's have made by creating all the different types BUT if we could Mix-N-Match I would appreciate it more

I would sort first by cloth type, then color. The type will effect the attributes of the product. So pick you want wool, cotton, etc, go to that bin and get the color. should be able to get several types in a bin and sort by color. Use the 5x10 size bin and make the column the type and and the row the color.

I actually like the system although I would agree the list of possible colors is slightly larger then it needs to be. That said, I do like the 4 of exact approach. I like crafting to be deep and slightly complex and I like to find areas where a profit could be made, aka tarp store.

What I see happening here (for the record) is pretty much exactly what happened(s) in Darkfall. Things are to hard, people QQ, things become easy then everyone wonders why everyone has the same skills instead of understanding that focus is good and can be intresting

Something I noticed is that you can't select a tree or even mouse over it to see what type it is. So unless you memorize the look of each tree type, you have to cut it down to see what it is when looking for logs. We can click on rocks, why not trees.

And a side note about rocks is rock textured ground. You can't teraform on rock texture, but you can right on the edge which then changes the edge to dirt. You can in this way change a rock textured area to dirt and do as you want with it. I'm guessing it will stay dirt from then on also. Is the whole world just dirt with rock models (which can be destroyed)? Or is there an underlying rock layer?

Maybe adding bleach recipe to tailoring would help too. Then you could bleach all your colored cloths to white. To bleach, the recipe could use some "reagent" and tool too.

Quote Originally Posted by rixk View Post
    Maybe adding bleach recipe to tailoring would help too. Then you could bleach all your colored cloths to white. To bleach, the recipe could use some "reagent" and tool too.
    Interesting idea.

I did hear we will be getting DYE - wonder how this will effect the existing cloth? Will a blue dye added to yellow cloth make a green cloth? OR will dye only be for Already-made items?

For me it isn't about Easier - it is about Storage. With bins degrading all will have to be placed under some kind of roofing. As the game is now it is hard to enter some of the tents and then if you can it is hard to see. If more than one player is in a ten trying to get cloth from a bin it will be Way Crowded!

Because you can't patchwork the different types/colors of fabric there are going to be some that will never be used and degrade and become useless.

I think I am on board with the simple suggestion someone made to make the baskets auto sort when you put items in. The amount of colors and fabric requirement of same type I actually like. what is a pain is trying to sort it all

I dont mind sorting if there is a benefit to it. I build 4 woodcutter's tents, 2 with black tarps, and 2 with crimson - my tribal colors. And they all turned out the same as the white ones I did earlier. Make me sort it fine, make it a PITA to get enough, but if you do that at least make it matter. If my tribal colors are black and red, why can't I make loggers tents in my camp all have black and red roofs if I spend the time and effort. If your not going to then make it like you have leather tarps - any type leather makes a generic tarp and they all stack.

You dont have to change the cloth at all, I like being able to make colored armor by using colored cloth. But that lets me get a benefit for my time and energy sorting it.

As near as I can tell, the fabric color only effects items you wear. Doesn't effect, tools, weapons or buildings. At least not at this time. Fabric type might effect quality/durablity/quality of other items, but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    As near as I can tell, the fabric color only effects items you wear. Doesn't effect, tools, weapons or buildings. At least not at this time. Fabric type might effect quality/durablity/quality of other items, but I don't know.
    That is correct, only effects items you wear - which is why I say the tarps (which you never wear) should be built just like leather tarps already are. The recipe asks for a generic piece of leather (any will do) and it crates a generic tarp (all of them stack and can be used in buildings). I dont see a reason why they can't do this, they already do it with leather, can't be too hard to do the same on cloth tarps.