Things i don't get.

Hi. First time poster here. Just pre-ordered and logged in a day or so ago and whilst i've worked some things out others make no sense yet.

1) I killed a couple of raccoons but all i seemed to be able to get off them was skin and bones and various other parts for crafting. I didn't seem to be able to turn them into food of any sort. Do you need a special skill? Also animals seem rare. Is it viable to hunt them atm?

2) Caught a fish but can't seem to eat it or do anything to it. Do i need a skill to do this?

3) Managed to build a fire (to try and cook the fish). However i can't light it without a flint which i don't have. Is there some NPC vendor to buy it from or some type of rock to get it from?

4) I picked Leathercrafting and whilst i have recipes i don't have all the tools. I need a needle i think to actually make stuff. Is there a NPC vendor around to buy one or something?

1) Cooking is not in game yet (at least not beta).

2) Right click the fish and select eat. I believe there are some fish this isn't possible with yet but am not sure.

3) Open your resource panel, walk around a rocky or mountainous area and keep your eyes peeled for some, it is a goldish color however not to be confused with limestone. Right click the icon in your panel when you find some.

4) There are no NPC vendors, or a currency for that matter. You must trade with other players for items you don't have and cannot find through scavenging or make yourself.

Some fish will require cooking first so a eat option will not appear.

Thanks for the replies. Guess i got a fish that needs cooking as right click does nothing.

I still don't understand the tools. If there isn't a NPC vendor for them and i don't have them when i create a new toon how do others get them so that i can trade them for the ones i am missing? Are they crafted somehow?

All tools/equipment is crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykell View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Guess i got a fish that needs cooking as right click does nothing.

I still don't understand the tools. If there isn't a NPC vendor for them and i don't have them when i create a new toon how do others get them so that i can trade them for the ones i am missing? Are they crafted somehow?
    There are no human NPCs at all.

You should have at least one simple recipe that you can continuously craft using only the tools you start with and easily gathered materials. Eventually you will learn a new usable recipe on one of the successes or failures of that recipe. I started out just making metal stakes until I learned to make a chisel and then a needle, etc. Each new recipe you learn opens up more options.

Alternatively, you can trade with or kill other players to get the tools you lack.

Easiest way is to trade with other people or join a tribe. You could also work up your tool crafting skill, which I highly recommend,.