So headstart is useless?

There is an EU player that wants to play in the EU server right?
    The EU server is only up in March...so the only way the EU player can headstart is by making a char in the US server and then in March restart all over in the EU server..making the headstart useless for the people wanting to roll on the EU servers because the dev now wants to make an EU server and only have it ready in March.

Am im right?

ps: i dont care what they do or how they do it anymore, i was going to play xsyon because of the sandbox 1 server i thought it would be..shame they didnt tell me many months ago this game would have more servers with a split community, all i ever read about xsyon allways pointed me to one server for all, one big world.
    They say the world will grow mutch bigger..but why? if you have a limited small amount of players on the server?
    Makes no sence to have a gigantic world to only acomodate 3 to 6 thousand people that is what any other small themeparks have.

The EU server will only be used if needed. It's not officially coming at any time--just if the need arises later on.

people are placing too much importance on the headstart thing, to me its almost a myth. As its been a kind of open beta i would image the majority of people interested in the game at this point have bought it to play at the final wipe.

In reality its only just over a week until people can start playing again. I would say there are not THAT many people that will flood in on the 1st of march most will start at the same time as you and then like any other game people will join in smaller amounts (and people will leave too) over the next few months.

Are we even sure the client will not be for sale between tomorrow and the 1st of march?

This has already been cleared up. There wont be multiple servers unless the need absolutely arises, the only separate server currently will be a trial server.

Everyone will be playing on the same server come head start and it will stay that way hopefully for good.

What everyone else has said, europeans you will be playing on our North American server. EU server will only be brought online if there is a need and I can't see it. One server can hold about 10K players if my guesstiments are right. There is probably only that many subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    people are placing too much importance on the headstart thing, to me its almost a myth. As its been a kind of open beta i would image the majority of people interested in the game at this point have bought it to play at the final wipe.

In reality its only just over a week until people can start playing again. I would say there are not THAT many people that will flood in on the 1st of march most will start at the same time as you and then like any other game people will join in smaller amounts (and people will leave too) over the next few months.

Are we even sure the client will not be for sale between tomorrow and the 1st of march?
    I think this is true to some extent. However, between the headstart and the actual launch, ppl will be going on other forums and talking about their experience of the live game. This may attract more ppl to the game. I know this works, because all of the good player reviews the game in beta was getting at MMORPG.com, convinced me to but it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    What everyone else has said, europeans you will be playing on our North American server. EU server will only be brought online if there is a need and I can't see it. One server can hold about 10K players if my guesstiments are right. There is probably only that many subscribers.
    I hope so.

If we can get 1k players online at once this game will completely own face.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    europeans you will be playing on our North American server
    Its not yours its a global server

Quote Originally Posted by Hampy View Post
    There is an EU player that wants to play in the EU server right?
    The EU server is only up in March...so the only way the EU player can headstart is by making a char in the US server and then in March restart all over in the EU server..making the headstart useless for the people wanting to roll on the EU servers because the dev now wants to make an EU server and only have it ready in March.

Am im right?

ps: i dont care what they do or how they do it anymore, i was going to play xsyon because of the sandbox 1 server i thought it would be..shame they didnt tell me many months ago this game would have more servers with a split community, all i ever read about xsyon allways pointed me to one server for all, one big world.
    They say the world will grow mutch bigger..but why? if you have a limited small amount of players on the server?
    Makes no sence to have a gigantic world to only acomodate 3 to 6 thousand people that is what any other small themeparks have.
    From the announcements page :-

Update February 13

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

First an announcement.

We are in the process of setting up a second Xsyon world on European servers!

Players will be able to connect to both locations if they desire. You won't be forced to play on a particular server, but this will give European players much better connections if they choose to play on the new servers.

/nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhammer View Post
    From the announcements page :-

Update February 13

Hello Xsyon Citizens!

First an announcement.

We are in the process of setting up a second Xsyon world on European servers!

Players will be able to connect to both locations if they desire. You won't be forced to play on a particular server, but this will give European players much better connections if they choose to play on the new servers.

/nuff said

After that was posted, a clarification was made:

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon
    Hello everyone!

This is definitely not an expected reaction! I've been getting requests for a European server all year.

I'd like to clarify this situation.

We are preparing a European server in case we need it. As I see this overall negative reaction, if we don't need the second server it will not be turned on until we physically need it. This is not a matter where we can upgrade the machine or bandwidth, we are already going to have the maximum available to us.

I do plan to run a European download server as soon as possible and a trial server will be a necessity for free trials. I will not allow 'free trials' to create the possibility for players to create free accounts that would affect the live Xsyon world.

There will be a point where the Xsyon world can't accomodate the population, and where the population on one server will be too large to form a tight cohesive community.

The original plan that we will follow is to add new lands that run on separate but connected servers (much like what is done with EVE Online), this would effectively create neighborhoods of communities that play together, but this is not something that can be done overnight.

If we grow too fast, we will have to split the world. We are not there yet, of course. I am simply preparing for this scenario. We are growing quickly and as many of you have probably noticed, this is without any advertisement or direct promotion on our part. I've answered a few interviews and announced the launch in early January, but that's all.

If we do need additional servers, nobody will be forced to play on a specific server and players will be allowed to create characters on both servers. It will simply be an option. I was ready to offer than option now rather than later and that's all. If it does not seem necessary it will not be done.

I hope that alleviates the concerns.