Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Will ... could I ask you to post a guide explaining how to manipulate the logs as you have done? I've gotten some replies from Guides and Jordi but am still a bit confused as to how the logs are placed so exactly and even more so by the second screenshots stacked piles.

Thanks for the screenies otherwise.

Heh, not gonna give up all my secrets publicly. That would spoil the fun of me figuring something out, hehe. Ask me in game some time, and I have np's sharing though. I don't spoonfeed 8)

OMG, I tried and tried to build a tiny bridge today. I failed over and over again. I made two peaks of Dirt and wanted to cross it with one log. I lvled the side I was on and made a road. Thats what some peeps told me to do. And I tried to place my log between the peaks. Well..... how the hell did you do this The log almost always well down and ended up diagonally. Never got it totally horizontal and never ever got it on top of both the peeks. It always ended up somewhere inside one of the dirtpeeks......

Got hints or tips?

I wanted this:

_=====_
    / \ / \
    / \ / \

OMG, I tried and tried to build a tiny bridge today. I failed over and over again. I made two peaks of Dirt and wanted to cross it with one log. I lvled the side I was on and made a road. Thats what some peeps told me to do. And I tried to place my log between the peaks. Well..... how the hell did you do this The log almost always well down and ended up diagonally. Never got it totally horizontal and never ever got it on top of both the peeks. It always ended up somewhere inside one of the dirtpeeks......

Got hints or tips?

I wanted this:

.....========.....
    ..//..\\..........//..\\..
    .//....\\........//....\\.
    //......\\......//......\\

Make sure to build high enough to be able to drop down and take the dirt out from underneath the "center" of the long logs. Next tip, key tip really, is to make sure you build the "foundation" completely level. Use the alititude number (the 3rd in POS) and make the entire top of your foundation level before laying down logs.

Then, once you've got a foundation 6-8 squares wide, 12-16 squares "long," and 8-10 digs up, and perfectly flat on top, must be perfect, lay down the long logs. Make sure that you do a full stack of them, think they go 6 wide, might only be 4. Center them on the top of the foundation. Then, stand in the center of your log length wise, and "drop down the side" in slow walk mode (r button). Crawl down slowly while hitting "terraform down." Sooner or later you'll take a "side section" of the dirt, taking a good portion of what's above you as well. Rinse/repeat, while "edge walking" around to get the dirt underneath.

With practice, you can have a perfectly good bridge, and figure out where you can and cannot take dirt from to keep the logs level.

And I think that's enough spoonfeeding for the day, heh. Cover the "dirt" with structure for live, dress it up and make it pretty so to speak. And well, you can figure it out from here.

Many thanks! I finally got the hang of it. Fun fun, but takes loads of time.

Greetings

those 2 screenshots of the city with the bridges/towers/hosing was built by the best building tribe in the game Shinra (may they rest in peace) their city was called Nitesh and they had been building/perfecting Builds for years in this game. we've all been scattered to the four winds, and our best Builders have left the game to go play Perpetuum (A Mecha version of Eve) with no building... sad really...