So how is the combat system? Really?

I just bought the game, if not just to support some1 that does what looks to be a true sandbox game. But personally I really enjoy PVP, and from the vids Iīve seen it looks horrible. And I heard from a friend that itīs more or less run up to a opponent, spam left and right button to attack and hope for the best. Please say it ainīt so and have more depth then this. If not, will it get there eventually? I might just start harvesting til they fix it if itīs as crappy as it seems. :P Either way, looking forward to login and try it out myself. Just wanted a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Saunakiller View Post
    I just bought the game, if not just to support some1 that does what looks to be a true sandbox game. But personally I really enjoy PVP, and from the vids Iīve seen it looks horrible. And I heard from a friend that itīs more or less run up to a opponent, spam left and right button to attack and hope for the best. Please say it ainīt so and have more depth then this. If not, will it get there eventually? I might just start harvesting til they fix it if itīs as crappy as it seems. :P Either way, looking forward to login and try it out myself. Just wanted a heads up.
    It's basicly CounterStrike Knife combat. For some its left click spam and hoping for the best while others can win against more opponents at the same time. This is the absolute basic combat and archery will be patched in short after launch. The whole combat system gets a revamp but this will take some time and the Dev said he want something similar to mount & blade. The reason why we have no combat is that the Dev want to focus on all the tools that we need to create a world

I see you are already on your way to your first 1000 posts here Niburu. Been here less then a month and spam this shit like no ones business. As far as combat, its meh. Archery isn't going to save the system in its current shape. If anything its going to create the first OP weapons.

There is a little more depth to it than people would have you believe. It is possible to block with either hand independently or dodge in a couple directions by holding either alt or ctrl respectively while clicking either the LMB or RMB. A block can negate all damage as can a dodge. Its nothing spectacular but it isn't as terrible as people claim.

Combat system is now primitive version
    Jordi said several times combat system get revamp after release ( don set ETA or Dates)
    in several moths ago , community sugest make similiar mount & blade , he say our try make best can

IMO its Meh at the moment. However, from my understanding, its gonna get an overhaul. What the overhaul will look like is anybody's guess but if the current trend with the devs continue, it should be pretty good.

Letīs just hope they fix it sooner then later then... Cause apart from that, the game at least sounds very good on paper.

They need to fix the /unstuck exploit BEFORE they enhance the combat system. Otherwise having a walled city is MEANINGLESS.

The system sounds better than most mmos out there. I prefer a point-click system as opposed to a double-click & spam 2,3,4,5... wait for cool down etc. crap..
    Personally in addition to the point-click I suggest the implementation of click-combo's like left, left, left(hold), right, left etc. This should work with 1 & 2-handed weps in all respects.
    Also will there be special attacks like impale, spining attack or diving attack?