View Poll Results: Would you play on EU Server?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i restart, when the EU Server launch

19 41.30%
  • No, i will stay on NA, even if their launch an EU Server

27 58.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EU Server

I am staying on US, eventhough I live in EU. What good does good ping, when you don't have anyone to play with. Also this is not a competitive game, doesn't make any difference(at least not for me), if i have current 140 ping or 80 ping on potential EU server. Gathering still works the same, crafting still works the same, in combat I also didn't spot any lag. There were some hickups during beta, but I don't think those were ping issues, just bad optimization in servers software.

Quote Originally Posted by rixk View Post
    What good does good ping, when you don't have anyone to play with?
    That is exactly what i want to find out.
    I want to know if there are enough EU players that are willing to restart on EU or rather how many EU subscribers will join in after the official release in march.
    Honestly, when the tribewars begin i dont want to play with a ping beyond 100 against US players with pings less than 50

I'm in EU, and voted no.

Really another one? I mean with such a low population why do you guys keep asking for this. One of the reasons DF is hurting right now is that they have split the population on two different servers. Granted DF is more ping based then Xyson so its semi understandable. Here just no...... we haven't got many people to play with why should we split up the population?

I will be staying with the US server (Yes I'm American so it makes sense). One argument for two servers is that the time difference means that ppl from Europe and North America will be playing at different times. I would argue thats a good thing, because when tribal warfare starts, we will want a night shift and a day shift to make sure there are no shenanigans. There is also the argument that ping is obviously worse the further you are from the server. I know that this is true in this case, but having talked to some mates from England (or is it Britain or the United Kingdom. I forget which one is politically correct these days and the ping is still pretty low and shouldn't affect combat. Lastly, we don't know if/when a EU server will be coming. In the meantime, you have made friends, joined a tribe (possibly), and have built your character up.

GL, see you in game

I'm in England and will stay on the international server. There would have to be a serious performance issue to migrate and people tend to talk funny on euro servers anyway, it seems no matter how loudly or slowly i say it, they still dont understand!.

What I'am wondering is that everyone says combat is not ping based. Even the clickfest we have now is ping based because you have to click in the right moment....idon't want to know what happens when the Dev Team starts to look into combat.....

I would change simply for the time difference - I have had limited lag(limited to yesterday) on the current server over the last few months and if the server does not come I won't stress too much about it. Btw I'm not in the EU but because of me being on GMT+3 I usually play with the EU guys on other mmo's.

----------
    Montezuma

Im sure all 19 of you will have a grand time there.