Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Junk Piles mechanic

Its seems with some testing yesterday, that junk piles have no "depth". correct us if we are wrong.

As in that a HUGE junkpile is no deeper than a shallow junkpile, its only the "top texture" that counts a junk, then its barren when stripped.

So say you have flat land, and a junk pile thats a small mound upon it..you strip off the "junk" texture, you have a flat area, with a dirt pile the same shape now as the pile was.
    Wouldn't it be better to have the larger piles actually have 'depth'?

So that when you deplete the spot your standing on, it does much like terraforming, and lowers that spot down instead of just changing it to dirt texture, repeat until it hit ground level. Basically actually depleting the 'pile' and not just a texture change on the pile.
    That way higher piles actually have more in them.

That would be good, but afaik junk piles respawn forever atm.

yea, but they can be "depleted" as is the top layer just turns to dirt..it may respawn eventually, that Im not sure of you may well be correct.
    but just seemed to ruin the illusion of "we fould a big pile!" for us when we collected and 1" under the top was dirt..

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    That would be good, but afaik junk piles respawn forever atm.
    I was told by a guide that once it depletes its gone forever.

i heard teh same thing & i got to say that is not cool.. a very very long respawn is one thing but never.. So in 12 months how are we going to get/make our weapons & supplys.. Ive head alot of speculation about mining & what not but to be honest i would love to know the game plan for this ..

With the way junk piles work, I dont think theyll even last 12 months...

Quote Originally Posted by ButtaRock View Post
    i heard teh same thing & i got to say that is not cool.. a very very long respawn is one thing but never.. So in 12 months how are we going to get/make our weapons & supplys.. Ive head alot of speculation about mining & what not but to be honest i would love to know the game plan for this ..
    Junk pile's will deplete, compleetly. this might not be true yet untill 1th of march when the game officaly launches (we have a head start, not a public launch)
    when junk is used up but there is enough in the world left it means you have to go out of your town and searts for it. in time (at the end of the prelude chapter) we will be granted the or discover the ability how to prospect,mine,farm,blacksmith and other skils that are needed to keep the world rolling.
    how this exsactly works is unknown to us right now. nobody knows how fast junkyards will deplete, nobody knows how the new skill sets will be introduced.
    we do know it will take months before we have reached that point. ( prelude will last about six months, this could be lowered or raised depending on player actions and dev input)

I was told that when you disstroy items such as disgarding crafted grind items, they are placed in a discard file and every so often the server uses this info to replenish the piles.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    I was told that when you disstroy items such as disgarding crafted grind items, they are placed in a discard file and every so often the server uses this info to replenish the piles.
    If true that is pretty innovative and cool.