View Poll Results: Should GC GTFO today instead of 1st march?

Voters
299. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

268 89.63%
  • Nay

31 10.37%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    To the same ten people who think the world finds their drivel interesting: we really don't, thanks.
    Except newbs do, heres the better option. Leave Global alone and give the qqers the ability to turn it off. Now everyone gets their cake and gets to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsuro View Post
    Except newbs do, heres the better option. Leave Global alone and give the qqers the ability to turn it off. Now everyone gets their cake and gets to eat it.
    Global chat has been 99% about people thinking they're chatting with their 11 year old populated MSN messenger list, and 1% (pushing it even) about newbies with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by blake378 View Post
    global chat is the only thing about this game i dont like
    This.

no global chat does more than just remove all the chat rage many of us do not want to see, it sets a tone for the game. The whole point of the world is that you find yourself alone and in need of finding your way to survial. Yes you need others and that is why you need to find them and when you do ask questions. You might find the people you have found dont have the tools you need, then you need to set out a journey into the world to find others.

This is by design, having no golbal chat was not a design choice because people dont like to read rages, its by design for immersion into location. Yes its true people who want to play that way could just turn off global but its not the same when everyone doesnt play basically by the same general 'tone' of the game.

This game is really for the experienced MMO player. Things like watching you tube videos, reading the player manual finding a tribe willing to help is pretty much 'MMO for Dummies, chapter 1' and to be frank if that is something you find to hard then its likely other games in the market are designed more for you.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by blake378 View Post
    global chat is the only thing about this game i dont like
    ^

I hate global chat. I hate it like I hate canned spinach on wasa bread.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    no global chat does more than just remove all the chat rage many of us do not want to see, it sets a tone for the game. The whole point of the world is that you find yourself alone and in need of finding your way to survial. Yes you need others and that is why you need to find them and when you do ask questions. You might find the people you have found dont have the tools you need, then you need to set out a journey into the world to find others.

This is by design, having no golbal chat was not a design choice because people dont like to read rages, its by design for immersion into location. Yes its true people who want to play that way could just turn off global but its not the same when everyone doesnt play basically by the same general 'tone' of the game.

This game is really for the experienced MMO player. Things like watching you tube videos, reading the player manual finding a tribe willing to help is pretty much 'MMO for Dummies, chapter 1' and to be frank if that is something you find to hard then its likely other games in the market are designed more for you.
    This is/was a huge factor for me when buying the game. I absolutely love the concept of no global chat, primarily for the reasons you just listed. There's so much more to it than us just shutting it off if we don't like it. The ambiance of the game depends on it not existing. It should not be available to anybody.

Shut off global chat or allow us to shut it off.

Or make it take stamina to shout something at the very least.

The global think web is a killer. If you want to be able to poll all players in game build a system for doing that (like a window that pops up) and polls we players. Don't use global chat as indicator for what people want. It is anecdotal at best.

Xsyon Citizen
    Bumpitybump.

There's nothing good in the GC.

Bringing this back as the devs have now introduced this message on the log in screen - Global chat will be removed OR REDUCED on the 1st March. Maybe its just to keep within the tradition of vagueness around announcements