View Poll Results: Should players be allowed to build anywhere?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 46.96%
  • No

61 53.04%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My issue with not being able to build anywhere is that I can't build if someone already laid claim to the area. I'm worried that eventually all the land will be taken and there will be no place left for new players. Also, it'd be really crappy if someone places their permenent tribe over the spawn point of some really rare and needed material. Hypothetically speaking of course.

Quote Originally Posted by river111 View Post
    Not understanding the issue here at all. You can build anything anywhere now as long as it isnt on someone elses land. If you want, you can set your totem up on the edge of a river, build a log cabin for your fishing and hunting hut, pick up your totem and move it to where you want to be later on. The building will stay behind and work just like any other building does currently, just on now public land. I understand what you want though, you want to build anything anywhere without limitations, and no I dont agree with that. There has to be some downside to being able to do it (wasting 6 hours to move your totem) otherwise people will build crap everywhere and make the place look like hell in a month.

Even Jooky pointed out he cant allow this because people could build walls around your plot without you being able to stop them. And thats just bad anyway you think of it.

And really, are you guys even playing this game? We already have homestead totems in game. You know its very difficult to discuss topics with people who dont even read the update notes for the game let alone when they dont even play. Come on, at least try and become a part of the community before you start trying to change it.
    So, people will just have to wait 6 hours. It'll just take a bit longer before the game looks "like hell." If they build a wall around my plot, then I'll build stairs over their wall. Or destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    My issue with not being able to build anywhere is that I can't build if someone already laid claim to the area.
    You can't be serious about that, you complain that you cannot build on other people's land?

I'm worried that eventually all the land will be taken and there will be no place left for new players.
    That's what the mist is for, once the existing lands get claimed new lands in the current mist regions are opened up.

Also, it'd be really crappy if someone places their permenent tribe over the spawn point of some really rare and needed material. Hypothetically speaking of course.
    There aren't rare spawn points in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    You can't be serious about that, you complain that you cannot build on other people's land?
    It's after an apocalypse. If they want it to be "their" land then they should be able to defend it. There are no police officers.

That's what the mist is for, once the existing lands get claimed new lands in the current mist regions are opened up.
    Still finite.
    There aren't rare spawn points in this game.
    Yet.

Why are we bothering to discuss with this person, isnt' it obvious they have zero knowledge of the game? I mean its like arguing with a 2 year old who keeps coming back with 'but why???'. We are telling you how it is, your telling us how you think it might maybe someday hypothitically be on a different planet in some magical reality. Come on, play the game, read about the game, something, anything to make yourself sound like your trying to understand the game before you keep putting this stuff out here.

I'm sorry that you lack the ability to take current information and extrapolate that information to the future. I'm also sorry that I've been through quite a few games where some of the systems didn't make much sense. I've already acknowledged that I understand why the system is the way it is, but that I do not agree with it because of problems that could arise in the future. And, well, it seems that some of the issues that I brought up are already being a problem. Otherwise some of the players wouldn't be clamoring for a server wipe so that they can get a "fair" chance at claiming land. I'd also like to point out the the future plans for this game change constantly based on player-discussion. Sometimes I might not be up to speed with the new current direction Jooky wants to the take the game, but last I heard they were planning on making region specific nodes.

Oh, and I think you kept meaning "you're." Your is not the contraction for you are.

I'm sorry that you lack the ability to take current information and extrapolate that information to the future. I'm also sorry that I've been through quite a few games where some of the systems didn't make much sense. I've already acknowledged that I understand why the system is the way it is, but that I do not agree with it because of problems that could arise in the future. And, well, it seems that some of the issues that I brought up are already being a problem. Otherwise some of the players wouldn't be clamoring for a server wipe so that they can get a "fair" chance at claiming land. I'd also like to point out the the future plans for this game change constantly based on player-discussion. Sometimes I might not be up to speed with the new current direction Jooky wants to the take the game, but last I heard they were planning on making region specific nodes.

Oh, and I think you kept meaning "you're." Your is not the contraction for you are.
    Expected nothing less from you man, really. Oh and lets start this off with your verbal correction. I purposely use Your in every context on this particular forum persona, its part of the character for me. You may or may not be smart enough to grasp that concept but hey, too bad.

My comment of why we are even bother to tlak to you is because every post up to this point your basis for argument, every point your making, is false based on how the game already functions. You lack any knowledge of this game, and therefor your extrapolated crap is crap from the start. You have to have a common base in order to hypothosize a possible outcome. In this case, you have no clue where the current game is in order to guess where it may be headed. This is your problem. What you are doing is guessing what you think the current game system is, and then further guessing where you think it will go from your guesses. Just makes you look like a fucking idiot honestly. But hey, thats your right, please disregard my previous quesiton, and this one too. Continue on you rant about the possabilities of life on Venus.

I think this is a pretty interesting discussion. In theory I am definitely on the side that you should be able to build anywhere you want, except in someone else's tribal area. However, the practical side of me says this wouldn't be a good idea for the many reasons already stated in this thread. Which side wins out. The theoretical or the practical... In this case, I think the practical wins out. IMO too many ppl would abuse the freedom and ruin the game for the majority. I might change my opinion once I know the specifics of how tribal warfare works and how/if destruction of constructions rules are.

Minor note: You're, Your, etc is a petty tactic. I believe ppl know what the meaning is when ppl post their views. In this case, lets go with the spirit of the discussion and not worry/criticize about grammatical issues.

You're and your is a pet peeve of mine. I teach high school chemistry and it drives me bonkers when I assign writing assignments and the students use your for everything. It also drives me nuts when I see "would of", "could of", or "should of" instead of would have or would've.

As far as the idea of abuse, I can see that. I'm just of the opinion that it would be better in the long run. Maybe not now, but eventually. I believe that it'd make the game more tactical. I also know that the game is a "builder's game" and that is fine, but they could just tweak it so that buildings have insane amounts of hit points and take a while to build. And then you can have two new skills: Reinforcement and repair.

1. EvE has huge safe zone
    2. In EvE, when 2 fleets collide, if capital ships start popping, both attacker and defender will suffer huge losses that will set them back for months, and open them to attacks by others since their defences are sbstancially weakened, in Xsyon theres absolutely no risk for the attacker, if you fail you just clean dirt from your face and you are ready to go again. Until attackers can suffer huge losses and have adequate consequences if they fail safe zones must stay in place
    3. Good PvP can be had from claiming land in the future, where current safe zones act as EvE high-sec, while rest of the world acts as low-0 area.