Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Server is up!!

possibly havent check in like a year hehe

Hey Hooflung STFU! Your the type of dude who’s yells in the last 2 min of class "Um didn’t we have homework to turn in today teacher?" This is not acceptable. What they did not know we would all log on at the same time???? They just now understand that they need more bandwidth!!! I paid for this; as in I expect something in return. That’s not asking much and by paying for this means I have a right to bitch. I paid to have an early jump on others so if I don’t get it services were not rendered. Oh yea F Apache's.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFWarrior View Post
    We get March and April I think - it was two months included, wasn't it?
    thanks for not yelling... i realize that... i am just saying that beta is indeed officially over... we are now in launch, albeit preorder only access.

Quote Originally Posted by SOFWarrior View Post
    With the poor way MMOs come out these days, one thing is certain - bending over and making excuses for the failures of a paid service doesn't seem to be working well for the consumer.
    Was there some "Golden Age of MMO Releases" that I am not aware about where these masters of perfection had perfect execution?

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    This is normal for MMO games, but I think that's our fault as consumers for being complacent and setting the precedent of letting game developers off the hook for not having all their ducks in a row prior to launch.

We want our new shiny so badly, we don't care if its been dipped into a port-o-potty after a week long chili cook-off. We take it, hold it to our faces and hope that eventually it gets cleaned.

The simple fact is that walking away or taking your business elsewhere does nothing: There are enough people willing to spread wide and take it all like Richard Simmons at a Bear convention to make up for you.

It sucks and there is nothing you can do about it unless the MMO gaming community as a whole man's up...which will never happen. Le sigh.
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by dragon26 View Post
    Hey Hooflung STFU! Your the type of dude who yells in the last 2 min of class "Um didn’t we have homework to turn in today teacher?"
    Yes, Yes I am. I did my homework, I am not the lazy ass who doesn't do homework just to prove I'm edgy and cool, a rebel.

And no, I will not STFU.

I'll try again tomorrow, i hope it's a bit better then.

Quote Originally Posted by bankerandrew View Post
    its amazing how many people here just don't understand when some of us spend money we want something to show for it... when companies go live when they shouldn't, and someone speaks up, there are always people like you who are happy to bend over and take it in the rear and with a smile on your face.

The devs made a great game... i dont disagree, what they failed in is releasing too early when they were not ready to handle the traffic / bandwidth.. why is this my fault? I am happy to wait until the game is ready.. 2 more weeks or a month.. but if the game is live.. you bet i am going to want to stake my claim with everyone else... and if i want to fault them for not being prepared.. then so be it.... you are complaining as well.
    I fail to understand your logic.

Basically you're telling me, because I'm patient, understanding and experienced in these small indie launches - I'm bending over, taking it in the rear and putting on a smile?

Tommybomb makes a very valid point.

Maybe making a race to setup player housing in the players choice area was not the best decision. Every player wants to download a patch, and get in game right at the very second of launch to make their tribes and set their totems. Yeah, that's server strain.

Realizing that and showing proper restraint while the problem is being worked on is called an educated consumer. Posting "omg tihs gaem sux hard, teh devs are nubz!!", 15 minutes after launch shows a hint of ignorance.

It really is simple, as soon as they ban Sadus and whoever else is intentially crashing the server from thier totem bug without even trying to work with the devs to correct it, then we will see some stability. But first, these asshats who think they are funny need to be shown the door. Oh and anyone else who thinks they are funny should go with them too. No place in any game for anyone who intentially tries to destroy the game.