View Poll Results: Should players be allowed to build anywhere?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 46.96%
  • No

61 53.04%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You can't build anywhere? First I have heard of that.

Of course you should be able to build anywhere. One of the negatives in Darkfall was that the so called player cities were already built and housing did not exist apart from these prebuilt villages.

It is essential that you should be able to build anywhere.

If buildings are destructible then there is no problem with this.

I can not believe people want yet more artificial barriers in this game ! How you going to explain that you can't build ? "God says you can ont build here"? WTF get serious people. Stop with all the concrete lines in my sandbox already.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    You can't build anywhere? First I have heard of that.

Of course you should be able to build anywhere. One of the negatives in Darkfall was that the so called player cities were already built and housing did not exist apart from these prebuilt villages.

It is essential that you should be able to build anywhere.

If buildings are destructible then there is no problem with this.

I can not believe people want yet more artificial barriers in this game ! How you going to explain that you can't build ? "God says you can ont build here"? WTF get serious people. Stop with all the concrete lines in my sandbox already.
    You weren't aware that you can only build inside tribe zones or homesteads ?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I can see where you are coming from, but I don't agree with it. It's the whole, "we have ours so you can't have yours" mentality. I think that if you want to have a village you should also have to defend it. I don't think that buildings should be easily destroyed though. It should take a good bit of effort.
    sorry its not about we have and you don't, it's more about of we want this and if you don't like it go elsewhere and did it your way.
    I am fine with destruction of tribal constructions after someone declares war to us and we will have time to prepare to defend.
    Otherwise i see no challenge nor for attackers neither for defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    I've voted a strong no.
    Sometimes it's necessary to limit player freedom because too many people can't handle freedom. If you allow this it won't take long until someone has the bright idea to terraform the words <expletive> into the landscape or gets some other equally disturbing idea.
    this

If the tribe can do something to remove the building from the land if they want, I don't see a reason why not. An artificial restriction like only being able to build on tribal land that is yours, period, I think goes against the spirit of the game.

I didn't feel like reading through all the post so I apologize.

I honestly think you should be able to build certain things anywhere.
    Homes/buildings, walls, defensive things, ect. should only be on tribal land.

But roads and buildings that have a true purpose should be allowed outside your zone.

By buildings with a true purpose I mean things like a building that is meant to start a mining tunnel(when mining is implemented.)

But roads need to be built anywhere imo.

You can theoretically build anywhere as long as it's in the radius of your tribe/homestead. Fine by me, would be stupid to have random abandoned shacks all over the place.