View Poll Results: Should players be allowed to build anywhere?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

54 46.96%
  • No

61 53.04%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Should players be allowed to build anywhere?

If they are also made destroyable.

Personally, I think the idea of tribal zones limits player freedom. Why should someone not be allowed to build structures once all the land has been "claimed?"

Only if buldings outside of territory can be destroyed. If they can, I see no problem with this.

No, i like how it is

Once buildings can be destroyed yes until then no. I think that's what is planned... maybe.

I think it was said that the plan is to remove safe zones after the Prelude.

we want to setup a nice village for us and vistors so no, because this could destroy indivdual villages atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMoe View Post
    I think it was said that the plan is to remove safe zones after the Prelude.
    Last i heard ingame from Xyson was that there was no plans to remove tribal safe zones, before, during or after Prelude. Alot of people seem to be confusing Tribal Warfare meaning you can capture other peoples main tribal areas. It has ONLY been stated that Tribal Warfare will revolve around EXPANSION Tribal Totems. In-game Xyson seemed fairly strong on the point that he doesnt want peoples main basis to be attacked and destroyable. He seemed really clear that the game revolves around rebuilding and building up a world with pvp being second to that and not interfering with that goal.

Of course that may change but I have a feeling that alot of people coming in here wanting a true FFA pvp world where they can destroy others work and so on, is going to be severally disabled. Rather now or later once Tribal Warfare is put in.

As far as being able to build everywhere. I doesnt really fit into the current setup of the game. If the game was built from the ground up with that in mind like Wurm Online then yeah. But thats not exactly the case here. With Tribes and Homesteads the ideal seems more to be of rebuilding a community style world then a bunch of indivial houses tossed all around the land.

Not to mention in order to allow houses to be built anywhere you would need to allow terraforming anywhere. And sadly with todays gamers thats only going to lead to alot of greifing and people building large pits around others lands and such.