Question about totem placement

I remember reading somewhere here on the forum (can't find the thread anymore) but placing a totem would only an viable option to a tribe with a certain about of members it it -- the dev stated this? I want to know if this rule is still in effect? or can I log on solo and place a totem as I please?

Thanks.

Red face

tribes need 5 but solo players can place Homesteads

until the server lags out and you log back in and someone else has placed on there anyway

It isn't working. Solo's are placing TRIBE totems, I did it myself. Also, aren't Tribe totems supposed to override Homesteads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jounce View Post
    It isn't working. Solo's are placing TRIBE totems, I did it myself. Also, aren't Tribe totems supposed to override Homesteads?
    No, If a homestead is placed, tribe will have to look elsewhere which is how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jounce View Post
    Checking on this right now and can't reproduce. Was this due to lag?

Nah he placed a Homestead more than likely. There is no difference looks wise. prob confused him.

Keep up the good work Xsyon. I am tired, so I know YOUR ass is tired. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Nah he placed a Homestead more than likely. There is no difference looks wise. prob confused him.

Keep up the good work Xsyon. I am tired, so I know YOUR ass is tired. lol
    Well, not sure, I have seen totems that act like tribe totems, completely with quests, tribe members, tribe colours and all, but for tribes with only 1 member. Equally I have seen the message "you enter tribe XXX" come up in my chat window but with no totem anywhere to be seen.

And yes, personally I'm a patient guy, indeed, keep up the good work, Xsyon.

Stupid Question

Is there a way to tell the difference between a tribe totem and a homestead totem?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Well, not sure, I have seen totems that act like tribe totems, completely with quests, tribe members, tribe colours and all, but for tribes with only 1 member. Equally I have seen the message "you enter tribe XXX" come up in my chat window but with no totem anywhere to be seen.

And yes, personally I'm a patient guy, indeed, keep up the good work, Xsyon.

saw the same things