Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Talwyen View Post
    I do believe there have been several top-tier MMOs that have had issues well past the 6 hour mark. If I recall - SWG was unplayable for nearly a full day upon launch. Given the IP (Star Wars) and the known playbase - it would have seemed a no-brainer for Sony to prep capacity - no? Theory and application are two different beasts. You strive towards over-compensation - and settle for practical application.
    I do believe my post, or at least that section of it, has nothing to do with what youre talking about. I merely said it to correct someone who said "20 minutes". It wasnt a complaint about how it should be fixed yet, so your comparison to another MMO is moot. Perhaps a misunderstanding, or an attempt to use me to show off?

Your quote was:

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Its been nearly 6 hours. And if we seriously need the wipe because people are too lazy to leave a tribe that werent meant to be in, than thats just sad. If the random tribe bug is fixed, as well as the rest, than theres really no need for a wipe other than personal convenience.
    I had/have no intention of 'showing off' - perhaps I simply jumped the proverbial gun. At the very LEAST it was certainly an error on my part for taking the quote out of context.

My point was simply to illustrate that a wipe can (and should) be used where appropriate - other titles have suffered far worse launches.

I sincerely apologize for any perceived injustice.

if they wipe, they need to shut down servers NOW. not later.. because people are doing stuff and developing their character... then they say.. sorry for the last 10+ hours you wasted developing your character... if they spend an entire weekend to decide.. and server calms down, then hundreds will have wsted days developing their character... problem is... and as we have seen with other mmo's... a single failure can bring down an entire game... regardless of how good it might be or how much potential it has. stuff happens i get that, but they need to act now to shut down servers while they make their decisions.

I am fine with a wipe if and only if they shut down the servers now, like right freaking now. otherwise.. they will have to do the dirty work of manually cleaning the DB.

Quote Originally Posted by Talwyen View Post
    No offense - but truncating and starting over (e.g. a horrid dreaded WIPE) is MUCH easier than 'weeding through the tables'.
    Who said you've got to weed though tables? you identify the problem, see what's writing incorrectly to those tables, then clear them, or write a script that clears the incorrect ones if you can find the identifier. The problem isn't so much the db edits, its more finding what caused the incorrect writes.

Quote Originally Posted by Del137 View Post
    +1 Currently you going to wipe most dedicated players, we tired from all this wipes already...
    LOL.....join date jan 2011.......you've missed all the wipes except very last couple...I couldnt help but chuckle..