Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't wipe it, clean it or delete some tables.

Wiping the db is stoopid, people have set up shop, started creating things, etc... the game was sposed to launch today, and so it did to issues.

If you need to see the logs, clean the corrupted tables, or just delete the data in those tables. Much easier

Alternatively you could also write a script to clean the errors.

+1 Currently you going to wipe most dedicated players, we tired from all this wipes already...

Dont tell him how to run his game!! Its not like youve gotten anything done.

sometimes it is just not that easy, if you have ever ran any kind of major databases you would know that. This is the reason why databases are backed up daily in most cases so if something were to happen you would have seomthing to go back to without wiping. In this case no good database ever existed so the only solution just may be a complete wipe.

No offense - but truncating and starting over (e.g. a horrid dreaded WIPE) is MUCH easier than 'weeding through the tables'.

A few days going through the db to find the bad stuff and delete, while in the mean time, tribes and players are messed up, OR wipe 20 min of game time and start over fresh in a day.... seems like a simple answer to me.

If data base corruption is proven to be true, and if it isn't an easy fix for them, and they believe the best course of action is to do a wipe, then yes do a wipe to fix the game, that is a no brainer right there. But, if the reason for a wipe is 'Mommy my butt hurts cause I couldnt get to move cause it was too hard!' then NO, dont do a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    A few days going through the db to find the bad stuff and delete, while in the mean time, tribes and players are messed up, OR wipe 20 min of game time and start over fresh in a day.... seems like a simple answer to me.
    Its been nearly 6 hours. And if we seriously need the wipe because people are too lazy to leave a tribe that werent meant to be in, than thats just sad. If the random tribe bug is fixed, as well as the rest, than theres really no need for a wipe other than personal convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Its been nearly 6 hours.
    I do believe there have been several top-tier MMOs that have had issues well past the 6 hour mark. If I recall - SWG was unplayable for nearly a full day upon launch. Given the IP (Star Wars) and the known playbase - it would have seemed a no-brainer for Sony to prep capacity - no? Theory and application are two different beasts. You strive towards over-compensation - and settle for practical application.

the issue is not just the fact that random tribes the people are in, there are also phantom totems that don't belong to anyone, you have people losing gear, etc.