Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMoe View Post
    Actually fallen earth launch went pretty well. The server didn't even crash one single time and the lag was acceptable.
    The FE launch was terrible. you couldnt go in a citys because of lag, some cities were actually offline. Rubberbanding was awful. people were falling through the map, you couldnt go in junk fortress for like 2 weeks. Its clearly not easy to launch a game or someone would have gotten it right by now and NO ONE has. Give the dudes a break over there.

They already ordered the new servers the moment they saw a spike in pre-order sales happening close to launch. Really, if you can't deal with it..not really anything anyone can do about your lack of patience :P

Quote Originally Posted by psiic View Post
    This is the same problem I have with big game devs, they knew exactly how many people pre-ordered, once you realize you are are selling more than you expected then you immediately take that into account and make sure you have the bandwidth to cover that number.

Common-sense issues always annoy me and this is an issue that happens time and time and time again in game launches so by now every game developer indie or not should know its an issue.

Technically they could have posted the download to tons of offsite sources for free. Gamershell, MMOsite, Fileplanet...

They chose not to, so really don't have much sympathy for the "oh so many people are downloading " excuse.
    I can't see the point in creating a thread just to beef about it to be honest.. it won't change or improve the situation. You handed over cash in the full knowledge of what the early ride was pretty much guaranteed to be like.

regardless of the volume of rants, apologies and detailed explanations each gamer is left with a few options (details and an amount of money vary but the long term option is basically the same) whic is be paitent and wait for this game to work out, or go play RIFT or some other McMMO.

I tend to look at the 'meta-picture' and what I see is a many large development companies who should have created a game like this many years ago but instead continued to produce crap. Here we have a guy who when told 'dont like it? create your own ass wipe!' actually did create his own and it contains great features. For that I can wait, besides, I really dont have a choice because I am not going to play RIFT or DC Universe to be honest.