Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As soon as we had a larger influx of players than expected I got on the phone and ordered new servers. Our server hosts did not take care of this efficiently enough and we are stuck until the new servers are ready.

The download server is not the same as the game server. They are limited by the same bandwidth because they are behind a single firewall at the same facility.

I am not 'passing the buck'. I am doing my best to fix things. Ultimately, yes it's my responsibility, but as the boss of a small team I do have to rely on others who have been a let down. I just report things as they are, and that's all.

In November we were moved to a new facility. This was supposed to be the high end facility and connectivity seemed great (which it is). There was no way of me knowing that we were not a the higher bandwidth facility as promised until I was told a week ago that we were at an 'interim' location. So, this is being remedied as quick as possible.

I didnt enjoy the problems that have happened today (probably yesterday for most of you) but i am certainly not upset with the Xsyon team at all. We arent in the open game yet - dont forget this is still Prelude. The Xsyon team deal with things in a very professional manner. They keep us well informed. They listen strongly to our concerns and suggestions. They had a glitch, they are addressing it and they are communicating with us all the way through. I say keep up the good work Jordi and team. No problems here at my end. If you want to know what a shit game team is go look at the Darkfall forums. We have had more communication and fixes in a week than DF has had in a year, yet that game is very broken and not in beta.

The truth is that you guys are mad you can't ever get laid, and you take it out on these poor developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    The truth is that you guys are mad you can't ever get laid, and you take it out on these poor developers.
    I would have just said troll, but in other posts you actually have some intelligent discourse.

So I'll just say, haha, kthnx for trying and leave you be.

I'm more than willing to give the Xsyon team some slack. A few days play more or less doesn't really matter that much.

I'm glad that new players enter the game, I'm quite impressed with Xsyon's (Jooky?) communication towards us players, game and client has worked remarkably stable for me until the recent problems, the game is a fresh breeze in the genre. With all these positive things (well done, Xsyon) I can easily deal with a few days of chaos.

i was there for the launch of fallen earth. this is much better