Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wipe Now!

As soon as I can confirm whether or not we will need to wipe, I will.
    If you don't want to waste time in game than wait for the decision doing something else.

I would hardly call a wipe a simple solution...

Because with a wipe, comes another land rush. This happening once is bad, if it happened twice........

the problem for the most part has been fixed. Tribes are working now they just need to get in and delete the problem totems. No need to wipe. Stop screaming the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremon View Post
    You make it sound as though selected players/tribes had locations "reserved" upon launch.

Don't get me wrong, along with everyone else I am not pleased about the roll-out. But this sense of "entitlement" some players and tribes have, is laughable.
    Some people placed their totems and logged out, then came back and someone else was in their spot, this is unfair and I guess something should be done about this.

We were online placing totem until it stayed, and I think we have had constanly some players online since launch(I had a break for some sleep), but many tribes can't afford it. We had about 50 members at launch from all over the world so it's easier for us.

But give Jooky some credit, he's doing what he can, so bear with it.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Some people placed their totems and logged out, then came back and someone else was in their spot, this is unfair and I guess something should be done about this.
    I agree that something should be done about it, and from everything Xsyon has stated, he's working on it. Hopefully he can resolve the totem placement issues without having to do a wipe.

It's obvious the MASSIVE server lag is not caused by bandwidth limitations. They are surely updating their server code to better support this many people. Wiping now would result in the same exact situation as yesterday. The server is still lagged beyond all belief even with a good ping.

Wipe or not. You really can't even play with the lag. Not unless your a homer with absolutely nothing else to do today.

They just need to bring it all down....and get the bandwidth/servers relocated/fixed.

All it does it mess with peoples heads. There is no point leaving the server up with a 1-2 minute latency on actions.
    lol

I do not want a wipe - we just need a fix for the lag and no it is nothing to do with people downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Wipe or not. You really can't even play with the lag. Not unless your a homer with absolutely nothing else to do today.

They just need to bring it all down....and get the bandwidth/servers relocated/fixed.

All it does it mess with peoples heads. There is no point leaving the server up with a 1-2 minute server desync.
    lol
    the problem is just those who are trying to download. Every time they get dropped from the launcher the lag is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorlan View Post
    I do not want a wipe - we just need a fix for the lag and no it is nothing to do with people downloading.

Unless... both the server for the game and downloads share a connection... which they do so if the downloaders are 400 people trying to get 3gigs each at a rate of what 1-2mbs by 400 people... is alot of information a second... Go figure that it is those downloading causing the problem.