Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiny People

Xsyon Citizen
    I disagree, keep the mechanics of it shrouded in (some) mystery. I think the OP's point (other than they really seem to have a problem with small people) is that they don't want there to be some huge advantage for rolling your character as an angry midget. I say by extension, why do we need to know the details of what the differences actually mean - it'll just push people to creating one particular character type for the advantage to be gained. I'd rather see diversity in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Agreed. Allow for no stat loss rerolls if you're going to flip the mechanic on us after the fact.

QFT.

This is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, Deacon.

I'm the only one with answers to things like this and I don't get a chance to read all the threads, especially during busy times (all time these days )

Right now there are no differences based on player height. We will work on some adjustments soon so that height affects attack range, carrying capacity and a few other things.

I will read through this thread and take some notes as I'm sure there have been some interesting suggestions.

Edited: After a quick read, looks like the suggestions are things I already planned: attack range, jump height, carrying capacity and movment adjustments.

Thanks!
    If that's what you're going to do you're going to force everyone who wants to min/max to be max height. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention, Deacon.

I'm the only one with answers to things like this and I don't get a chance to read all the threads, especially during busy times (all time these days )

Right now there are no differences based on player height. We will work on some adjustments soon so that height affects attack range, carrying capacity and a few other things.

I will read through this thread and take some notes as I'm sure there have been some interesting suggestions.

Edited: After a quick read, looks like the suggestions are things I already planned: attack range, jump height, carrying capacity and movment adjustments.

Thanks!
    Just curious if these plans have been implemented or if they are still on your to do list???

Thanks

Agreed. Allow for no stat loss rerolls if you're going to flip the mechanic on us after the fact.
    Also, this. If you flip the mechanic on me after the fact and I can't respec my stats, I'll just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffburger View Post
    Also, this. If you flip the mechanic on me after the fact and I can't respec my stats, I'll just quit.
    So basically you want all the benefits of being small now, but don't want any disadvantage when they implement balance? Xsyon made it clear that the mechanic will be more balanced in the future. If you still decide to be small because its beneficial right now, then you should have to live with that decision in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx1327 View Post
    if you want an answer that bad email the FAQ or ask it in a better part of the forum...

kids these days
    That part of the forum is on hold until the Devs are less busy. So while it is unlikely they will answer here any faster. . posting there won't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffburger View Post
    If that's what you're going to do you're going to force everyone who wants to min/max to be max height. Good job.
    Unless you want to get hit less. Then you would chose smaller. . Some people would rather be small and try to out maneuver. You have to think forward to when they add archery. . .or possibly even guns. . being huge will not be "max" then.

Quote Originally Posted by fud007 View Post
    So basically you want all the benefits of being small now, but don't want any disadvantage when they implement balance? Xsyon made it clear that the mechanic will be more balanced in the future. If you still decide to be small because its beneficial right now, then you should have to live with that decision in the future.
    Knowing just how indecisive game developers are by nature, and considering the fact that forum whining does seem to sway Jooky; I don't believe the above to be logical. You'd think height would scale strength, speed, agility and carrying cap up or down, but apparently that's too complicated at this point for whatever reason.

Constant rebalancing kills games. RIP Warhammer Online.

or alternatively just roll a toon you like to look at and stop trying to min/max every thing you can

Quote Originally Posted by fud007 View Post
    no, the mecanics of the game game function a certain way now.

so we make our chars based on these mechanics.

if those mechanics change dramitically in a month or 3...well 'gimping' a decent portion of the playerbase without giving them the opportunity to ungimp themselves...not a good recipe for sustained and repeat business, much less referrals.

and yes. people will quit.

it doesn't hurt the game to allow players to adjust their toons based off of significant changes to the game mechanics...i'm not talking about 'oh, i don't like how this works' or 'i wish i would ave taken skill x instead of y'...but fundemental stuff ie. carrying capacity is modified by str AND toon height. melee range is modified by toon height. stealth is modified by toon height AND weight.

we'll have to cross a similar bridge when things like poison, healing, taming, etc. come in...prob not good business to force a player reroll (with only one toon) to try the 'new stuff'.