Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A bit disappointed here too, but it is just a computer game so hard for me to get that annoyed. I'm sure the developers are working tirelessly to fix the problems, they're financially incentivized to do so.

Speaking from experience, the Mortal Online launch was worse than this, in fact I gave up after a few hours and played Texas Hold'em on my Blackberry.

I think the MMO community as a whole has gradually come to accept that game launches are a disaster, and subsequently developers have cottoned onto this and feel increasingly so that they can get away with anything.

I'm not an unreasonable man, but surely Notorious must have had a good idea on how subscribed the game would be at launch (sorry "pre-launch")? A lot of these capacity issues really should have been hashed out in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    NO ONE FROM THE COMPANY EVER CONFIRMED IT WAS THE DATABASE SO WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE KEEP SPEWING IT OUT!?!?!?!?!
    Update February 19

Quick update: We currently have about 1/3 of yesterday's peak population online and lag has subsided a lot. The main difference is, as expected, the number of simultaneous downloads.

We still need to wait on new servers but are working furiously on the server freezing up, data corruption and tribe exploit issues. As soon as I can confirm whether or not we will need to wipe, I will. If we do, I will see what can be done about restoring current tribe positions for those that suffered through the lag yesterday to place a legitimate totem.
    Where do you think data is stored then?

Quote Originally Posted by FPrime View Post
    Where do you think data is stored then?
    Oh youre right, those 2 words you posted totally justify the what the doomsayers claim about "totally fucked" and whatnot. I sometimes do forget, this of course is the internet, therefor, such exaggerations are totally acceptable. Its probably just best to wait this out and come back when the doomsayers have crawled back into their negativity caves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehralph View Post
    Oh youre right, those 2 words you posted totally justify the what the doomsayers claim about "totally fucked" and whatnot. I sometimes do forget, this of course is the internet, therefor, such exaggerations are totally acceptable. Its probably just best to wait this out and come back when the doomsayers have crawled back into their negativity caves.
    Well as far as data bases go, data corruption pretty much means its "totally fucked" theres only 2 options, sift through it and save what can be saved(takes a LONG LONG time with potentinal errors, or just wipe it.

Its normal.. especially considering everyone running in, trying to name their tribe, and place their totem, with most not leaving till they have completed said task...

I find it amusing that so many think a wipe is going to fix all this... Might it be a lil better? perhaps....

I don't believe their is a "fix" for a launch day land rush. Most MMOs cant handle a typical launch, never mind something like this.. but then again, i'm not a developer......

edit.. guess we wiping.. heres hoping the next one goes better..... or it will get real ugly

i remember darkfall launch. Devs put a limited play slots in the server so that the game was smooth and lagfree....to bad that in order to play you needed to be in queue and wait like 2 hours or even more....(and this went on for 2 or 3 weeks, as the devs were slowly adding more play slots).

So Xsyon launch is nothing special. Just the standard problems every MMO launch has encountered

Just read latest update.

Wow....

Might as well find something else to play this week.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Just read latest update.

Wow....

Might as well find something else to play this week.
    lol
    Yeah that's my fear too. I'm going on vacation in just over a week from now and my plan to save money was to hit up Xsyon until I left. This looks like it could take a whils before it gets fixed.

They clearly had a "denial of service" type failure. This was mostly due to the huge number of downloads going on through the same pipe as the game. The database server got clogged with requests, and data was corrupted. During the time they disabled downloads, the game was running fairly well. I think if they had disabled the downloads at the start, it would have gone well.

Not the best launch I've ever seen. But certainly not the worst either.

At this point, I'm not considering dropping this game. But, in truth, I have to say my long-term plans are going to be strongly influenced by what happens after the 'new' servers are in and the lessons learned by the developers from this experience get a chance to be implemented.

Unanticipated problems caused by lack of experience are understandable and tolerable. But once you've seen the nature of the problems and had a chance to fix them...